Jeff East Coast solo shows

I'm going to get some of that coffee.

I was feeling a bit sheepish about it, but I did . With the 25% discount on some items that I'd been meaning to get anyway, plus the coffee, it brought my order up to over $70, which entitled me to a 15% discount on the entire order. Seemed like a reasonable time to give myself an early Christmas present.

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some good news from Wilco HQ:

Greetings friends,

Here's that early December blast of news from Wilco HQ.

First, Jeff Tweedy will play 2 shows at the Boulder Theater (Boulder, CO) on January 7-8 to help celebrate the theater's 75th anniversary and tickets go onsale next week. More info here. More juicy ticketing news: after some deep sleuthing, we're happy to announce that we busted some people (that is assuming you consider scalpers people) who violated our ticketing procedures for Mr. Tweedy's Dec. 7 show at Washington DC's historic Lincoln Theatre. As promised and threatened, we've revoked those purchases and will be releasing the approximately 100 tickets for sale to the public (that's you) next Monday, Dec. 6 at noon EST here. Purchasers will be limited to 2 tickets. No previous buyers for that show will be allowed to purchase again and tickets are non-transferrable and will be available only at will call with an ID. And as a review, we encourage everyone to review our ticket policies here.

All that talk of undercover ops and will call windows have you in need of caffeine? We hear you -- and with that in mind we've partnered with our friends and fellow Chicagoans Intelligentsia Coffee & Tea to bring you some fresh beans for the season. Wilco Selects Coffee -- perfect for the holiday hibernation season. Silly? Perhaps. But trust us it'll be some of the best coffee you've ever tasted and the mug that comes along with it is really nice and available for order through this Sunday, Dec. 5th only. And for those of you not purchasing your holiday gifts in local record stores (and we encourage you to do so), here's our plug for the wilco store... 25% off all music, posters, books + special bundles, new shirts, etc. The full rundown is here.

okay, back to 2011 planning and coffee brewing.

cheers & snowy dreams.

the Wilco HQ elves, all hopped up.

wilcoworld.net

There is supposed to be a link for the sale of those extra 100 tickets for the DC show, but it's not there. Has anyone figured out where those tickets will be on-sale Monday? Thanks

More juicy ticketing news: after some deep sleuthing, we're happy to announce that we busted some people (that is assuming you consider scalpers people) who violated our ticketing procedures for Mr. Tweedy's Dec. 7 show at Washington DC's historic Lincoln Theatre. As promised and threatened, we've revoked those purchases and will be releasing the approximately 100 tickets for sale to the public (that's you) next Monday, Dec. 6 at noon EST here. Purchasers will be limited to 2 tickets. No previous buyers for that show will be allowed to purchase again and tickets are non-transferrable and will be available only at will call with an ID. And as a review, we encourage everyone to review our ticket policies here.

:cheers

I so love this band. It's great that they're actually doing something about scalping while holding ticket prices (somewhat) down. I wonder if anyone who paid scalpers for the revoked tickets will have trouble getting their money back.

I wonder if anyone who paid scalpers for the revoked tickets will have trouble getting their money back.

Very good point, while I do despise scalpers and what they've done to ticket prices and availability, I'd be pretty pissed off if I spent a boat load of money on tickets then showed up to the venue only to get denied. It seems to me that in the end the people getting hurt most by this is actually the fans.

There is supposed to be a link for the sale of those extra 100 tickets for the DC show, but it's not there. Has anyone figured out where those tickets will be on-sale Monday? Thanks

If you find out, can you please send me the info? I tried several times to get tix to that show only to be denied several times. BTW, I am NOT a scalper...

If you find out, can you please send me the info? I tried several times to get tix to that show only to be denied several times. BTW, I am NOT a scalper...

Good luck finding tickets. I noticed yesterday that the asking prices on ebay and craigslist seem to have come down substantially, so you might look there if the newly-released box office tickets don't come through.

Pretty much a lurker at VC, but just wanted to share this funny coincidence. I'm heading to the show in NYC tonight with my wife, and we're coming from the New Haven area of CT. She had a hair cut appointment earlier this afternoon, and when she came home, she told me about this exchange she had at the hair salon:

My wife chatting with her hairdresser:

Wife: "I'm going to a concert tonight with my husband"

Hairdresser: "Where is it?"

Wife: "New York City"

Man getting hair cut in next chair over: "Who are you going to see?"

Wife: "Wilco" (She figures there's a better chance he would have heard of them rather than Tweedy)

Man: "I'm going to that show too!"

They continue to have a conversation, turns out he's been at a few shows that we've been at in the last year or so too. What a small world no? What are the chances that my wife randomly runs into a guy going to the same show as her, at a venue that is not exactly local, where the tickets were extremely limited and hard to come by, because they happen to be in the same hair salon at the exact same time? Pretty funny. Thought some of you might think so too. :)

They continue to have a conversation, turns out he's been at a few shows that we've been at in the last year or so too. What a small world no? What are the chances that my wife randomly runs into a guy going to the same show as her, at a venue that is not exactly local, where the tickets were extremely limited and hard to come by, because they happen to be in the same hair salon at the exact same time? Pretty funny. Thought some of you might think so too. :)

Reminds me of the time my wife and I went into NYC for Paul McCartney, we went out to diner first and the two guys at the table next to ours seemed to be going to the show, they had their tickets out and were looking at a seating chart. Being a Dead Head I've spent alot of time in MSG so I offered to help them out, I ask them what section they are in, turns out to be the same section as us, what row, same row as us, it turns out they had the two seats next to us, very weird of all the restaurants in New York we just happen to pick the same one.

Some good news from Wilco HQ:

More juicy ticketing news: after some deep sleuthing, we're happy to announce that we busted some people (that is assuming you consider scalpers people) who violated our ticketing procedures for Mr. Tweedy's Dec. 7 show at Washington DC's historic Lincoln Theatre. As promised and threatened, we've revoked those purchases and will be releasing the approximately 100 tickets for sale to the public (that's you) next Monday, Dec. 6 at noon EST here. Purchasers will be limited to 2 tickets. No previous buyers for that show will be allowed to purchase again and tickets are non-transferrable and will be available only at will call with an ID. And as a review, we encourage everyone to review our ticket policies here.

This is really cool, but I hope it doesn't bite me. I bought some scalper/craig's list tickets a few weeks ago. The guy who sold them looked "normal" (non-scalper.....whatever that means) and said he had to sell them because his wife was expecting. In some ways his story makes sense, but in other ways it's a complete fabrication. You mean you didn't know the due date of the baby until after you bought ticktets?!?!?

I wonder if the "revoked tickets" were will call tickets or were somehow actual paper tickets? Anyone have any thoughts?