Recommendations

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Start with 2 Uncle Tupelo albums: No Depression (their first) and Anodyne (their last), if you wanna go real old school. That way you can kinda see how Jeff has grown as a songwriter, coming out of something more solidly country. (Although Jay was always more of the traditionalist in that band, still...)

AGIB->UT would be a pretty jarring transition.

Exactly. But I think that one has a greater appreciation for the band, when you can see where they came from. I love UT, but Jeff has changed his approach as a songwriter and musician so much since those days.

Exactly. But I think that one has a greater appreciation for the band, when you can see where they came from.

Yes. "They rose from the ashes of Uncle Tupelo."

:stunned

Edit: You're probably going to find all of their albums anyways, so I would say start with Uncle Tupelo if you really wanted to.

But you can't forget about A.M.

Exactly. But I think that one has a greater appreciation for the band, when you can see where they came from. I love UT, but Jeff has changed his approach as a songwriter and musician so much since those days.

Oh yeah. But my method of discovering bands tends to hinge on whatever order I find copies of their albums. So I'm not a strict "start from the beginning" guy. But I do almost always recommend getting to the earliest stuff at some point.

So where should a guy start with Wilco? I got one of their "old-school" albums, A Ghost is Born. I like it quite a bit.

You've been a member of VC since 2003 and you're just now getting into Wilco? Something's fishy here... :brow

I dont know about the Jeff stuff

But yeah, cockfighting. I really dodnt know where or when it started but from what i gathered there was a bunch of ppl on here who lived in the chicago area and a bunch from minneapolis, there was some cockfighting teams from within multiple areas within the cities, talk of road trips to each other's city to fight. Really seemed out of place and strange.

I know right?

Oh and by the way, " I dont dig on swine"

Haha.

But i guess you get that a lot.

Hey, sewer rat may taste like pumpkin pie, but I'd never know 'cause I wouldn't eat the filthy motherfucker. Pigs sleep and root in shit. That's a filthy animal. I ain't eat nothin' that ain't got sense enough to disregard its own feces.