Recommendations

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey, sewer rat may taste like pumpkin pie, but I'd never know 'cause I wouldn't eat the filthy motherfucker. Pigs sleep and root in shit. That's a filthy animal. I ain't eat nothin' that ain't got sense enough to disregard its own feces.

Yeah baby, you 'd dig it the most.

Ok, i bought sky blue sky last night and listened to it with all the lights off in the living room with some blackberry brandy. I confess I was a bit disapointed. A lot of it was just very jam bandy no? I mean, some of those songs just went on forever. I nodded off at one point and dreamt I was at a Wilco concert - of course that may have been the blackberry brandy talking. Lol!

I love Sky Blue Sky. Maybe it's not for everyone, but I think it's pure bliss, and to me it doesn't sound like most of what they've done before or since. It sounds very open-hearted and melodic and straightforward--a great, confident band putting forth their artistic vision for that album, making beautiful music together without apologies or a need to pander to their audience's expectations. If you "get" this phase of their music, great. If not, move on to the next, or go back to an earlier album. Wilco doesn't tend to repeat itself too much, and that's just one of the things I love about them.

Edit: By the way, this post was in response to Redjim's reaction to SBS. I don't think it's "the essestial Wilco album" and it's not even my favorite, though I definitely like it a lot more than many people on this board. I'm not sure any single album is the best place to start listening to Wilco, so why not start with a double album?

Edited by Wilco Me

Ok, i bought sky blue sky last night and listened to it with all the lights off in the living room with some blackberry brandy. I confess I was a bit disapointed. A lot of it was just very jam bandy no? I mean, some of those songs just went on forever. I nodded off at one point and dreamt I was at a Wilco concert - of course that may have been the blackberry brandy talking. Lol!

I am calling bs on this whole thing. This person has told us that they have A Ghost Is Born which features a 2 and a half minute guitar solo to close out At Least That's What You Said, nearly 11 minute Spiders, guitar solos to close out Muzzle Of Bees, same for Hummingbird and Handshake Drugs, and 12 minutes of noise.

Now we need to find our resident Shaggy & Scooby Doo to pull off the mask.

I am calling bs on this whole thing. This person has told us that they have A Ghost Is Born which features a 2 and a half minute guitar solo to close out At Least That's What You Said, nearly 11 minute Spiders, guitar solos to close out Muzzle Of Bees, same for Hummingbird and Handshake Drugs, and 12 minutes of noise.

Now we need to find our resident Shaggy & Scooby Doo to pull off the mask.

Well I'll be a monkey's uncle!

Off to the Itunes store to purchase Summerteeth! Is the song Via Chicago why this place is called Via Chicago? If so, that's pretty darn clever. The folks who put this place together must be awful cool

i love you redjim. can't wait to hear your thoughts on Summerteeth. after wilco, you need to check out Loose Fur.

I picked the wrong day to stop sniffing glue...

summerteeth=near perfection

love the inner Brian Wilson coming out on this album. the crafting of the songs and lyrically a true masterpiece.

This.