2010 - 2011 NBA Season

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:ohwell

I couldn''t possibly have been more surprised by that outcome.

The Nuggets announcer said Mayo and Allen got in a fight on the plane or something, (report is that Allen pretty much worked Mayo over). Maybe that was an issue.

I couldn''t possibly have been more surprised by that outcome.

The Nuggets announcer said Mayo and Allen got in a fight on the plane or something, (report is that Allen pretty much worked Mayo over). Maybe that was an issue.

That was back in January, unless it happened again. They got into it over a card game.

and the jazz trade deron williams to the nets for derrick favors and devin harris and draft picks. thank you western conference/northwest division teams for making the thunder's stronghold on the division lead even stronger! :thumbup

I heard the Knicks fans are now saying "you mean Deron Williams was available?, Damn!" :lol

Knicks were foolish. They gave up way too much for somebody that would have went there anyways. I loved Melo but he is a very one dimensional player. Now the Nuggets are Bigger, younger, and deeper. Game on!

It was far from guarantee that they would just get him anyway. Regardless, Melo trade's a no-brainer.

Chandler and Galo couldn't be on the court with Melo and Amare anyway and Billups for Felton is a wash. What, throwing Mozgov in was too much?

I've been a Knicks fan since 82-83 and they haven't had two stars on the court together since 73 (Frazier and Monroe). They didn't play any defense before the trade so nothing's changed there. They won't challenge for a title until D'Antoni's dumped anyway, but that talk is for another day.

Happy for the Nets too. I have friends bitching about what they gave up compared to what the Knicks did, but it's all pointless. The Jazz didn't want any players the Knicks have, so the D-Will talk is moot. Favors at least has some upside. Plus, it's 50/50 at best that D-Will will even re-sign after next season.

Oh, and how are the Nuggets bigger? You expecting 30 minutes out of Mozgov? Chandler/Anthony are the same size and Galo is purely perimeter.

Sounds like you are happy with the trade and that's great. It's a win/win in that case. Melo will certainly make the Knicks better, at least on offense. He has actually started rebounding and playing a little more defense so who knows.

I guess my perspective as a Nuggets fan is that we gave up Balkman (was getting 0 minutes in Denver), Carter (11 years in the league, decent but not great), Sheldon Williams who I did like but who is never going to be great, Billups (13 years in the league), and Melo. We got Galinari (6'10, young, all upside), Koufas (7'0) and Mozgov (7'0). How is that not a bigger team? Plus Felton and Chandler who are starter level players. Truth be told, only Melo and Billups will be missed but Denver has a star in the making with Ty Lawson at point guard.

And it wasn't just Mozgov thrown in, it was also draft picks. Maybe it was a good move for both teams. Just seemed to me that the Knicks could have got Melo much cheaper. He was never going to sign with New Jersey, he has been saying he wanted to be a knick from day 1 of the season. The only real threat was re-signing with Denver to avoid losing money if the pay structure changed.

I will be excited to see what Stoudamire and Melo can do together. And if they pick up Chris Paul next year they could be a great team to watch.

How does NJ trade for Williams without an extension in place?

Yeah, this stuff just confuses the hell out of me.

Maybe now that Deron Williams is gone they can lure Jerry Sloan back to the team.

Celtics have traded C Kendrick Perkins to Oklahoma City Thunder for F Jeff Green and C Nenad Krstic.

:huh

First of all isn't he injured? And didn't Boston blame Game 7 on his absence? Makes no sense right now.

Oh well.

Edit: It is now being reported that Nate Robinson is also going to Oklahoma City too. Very odd.

Edit part two: I guess that the Celtics think that the Thunder will have a better chance of taking on and taking out the Lakers before the Celtics can possibly get to them.

Celtics have traded C Kendrick Perkins to Oklahoma City Thunder for F Jeff Green and C Nenad Krstic.

:huh

First of all isn't he injured? And didn't Boston blame Game 7 on his absence? Makes no sense right now.

Oh well.

Edit: It is now being reported that Nate Robinson is also going to Oklahoma City too. Very odd.

Edit part two: I guess that the Celtics think that the Thunder will have a better chance of taking on and taking out the Lakers before the Celtics can possibly get to them.

i'm not too sure what to make of this trade yet, but losing green and kristic doesn't bother me too much. and if he's healthy, perkins will be a big upgrade over kristic. nate robinson really doesn't seem to fit for the thunder, with westbrook and a very capable backup in eric maynor.

also, the bobcats traded nazr mohammed to the thunder for dj white and mo peterson. i'm alright with that.

perkins will be a big upgrade over kristic.

Barkley seemed to think this was a great move and now puts them as one of the top 4 teams in the west. Sounded like he thought Perkins just brings a toughness they were lacking. I guess we will see.

I wonder how New Jersey thinks they are going to hold on to Deron Williams when you know the Knicks are going to all out press for him?

• 2 weeks later...

I wonder how New Jersey thinks they are going to hold on to Deron Williams when you know the Knicks are going to all out press for him?

Prokhorov might have something up his sleeve, but Jersey is an impossible sell and Brooklyn a few seasons away.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Yay, Nuggets did not get swepped. I have been hearing people say how good Oklahoma looks but I'm not seeing it. Nuggets have been playing terrible and all the games have still been pretty close. Westbrook makes really dumb decisions and tries to be the hero and ends up losing the game. One pass to Durant and the Nuggets are out of it.

More importantly, go Memphis and New Orleans! Good to see those teams stepping up.

as a thunder fan, i'm not seeing us play our best ball either. we can play so much better, but haven't shown it yet in this series. for us to play as bad as we did last night and nearly win it? crazy... but yeah, westbrook tends to go bad russ/good russ sometimes and last night we got bad russ. too selfish, stupid mistakes, 30 shots, and in hero mode. what scares me is now denver's shooters seemed to find their stroke last night. but i'll take a 3-1 lead coming home for game 5 :thumbup

as a thunder fan, i'm not seeing us play our best ball either. we can play so much better, but haven't shown it yet in this series. for us to play as bad as we did last night and nearly win it? crazy... but yeah, westbrook tends to go bad russ/good russ sometimes and last night we got bad russ. too selfish, stupid mistakes, 30 shots, and in hero mode. what scares me is now denver's shooters seemed to find their stroke last night. but i'll take a 3-1 lead coming home for game 5 :thumbup

I don't really have any illusions that Denver is going to tie this series up, I'll settle for not getting swepped at this point. Considering the upheaval all season I still consider the season pretty succesful. I have to say, I will not mind an OKC/Memphis match up at all. That would be a great series. A tough physical series is where I see Westbrook potentially struggling. The guy is a major talent but seems to let ego and emotion take over his game. When he was running down court last night in the final minutes, I absolutely knew he was going to take the shot and I was extremely happy about it. I would assume if I was an OKC fan I would have been screaming "Pass it to Durant". I did learn some new respect for Ibaka watching this series. Congrats to OKC but they need to step up their game to win in the next round, hopefully Denver did not lull them into a false sense of security. If it ends up coming down to OKC vs. Lakers I will be the biggest OKC fan on the planet.

I don't really have any illusions that Denver is going to tie this series up, I'll settle for not getting swepped at this point. Considering the upheaval all season I still consider the season pretty succesful. I have to say, I will not mind an OKC/Memphis match up at all. That would be a great series. A tough physical series is where I see Westbrook potentially struggling. The guy is a major talent but seems to let ego and emotion take over his game. When he was running down court last night in the final minutes, I absolutely knew he was going to take the shot and I was extremely happy about it. I would assume if I was an OKC fan I would have been screaming "Pass it to Durant". I did learn some new respect for Ibaka watching this series. Congrats to OKC but they need to step up their game to win in the next round, hopefully Denver did not lull them into a false sense of security. If it ends up coming down to OKC vs. Lakers I will be the biggest OKC fan on the planet.

ha! that's not all i was screaming... :realmad

you are correct about wetbrook's ego and emotion getting the better of him at times. we've seen it all year and take the bad with the good. hopefully the coaches (scott brooks and mo cheeks, who were both point guards) will do some schooling over the next day or so.

seems like this year may be the changing of the guard, with the spurs looking down and out, dallas and the lakers being tested.

ha! that's not all i was screaming... :realmad

:lol

I would love to see the Thunder do well this year. Durant just seems to be a class act. Denver has their own share of young immature players (like JR Smith). Westbrook is already scary good and will only get better. The playoffs are a good learning ground and they look like they are going to be in a few in the coming years.

My hatred of the Lakers is so thick and rich you could drizzle it over pancakes, so that makes up for anything at this point.

Have to admit, Atlanta looks much tougher than I expected.