Now Playing: November, 2010

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I need to get it in gear. Aside from the radio, which has mostly been playing crap, the only things I've listened to this whole month are Side Two of this:

mp_csn_1.jpg

And all but the last few minutes of this:

king_crimson_red_0.jpg

51mCPzhJy5L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Been on a huge =w= kick this week. I am warming up to a few songs on this one...Thank god for being able to delete tracks from i-pod's play-lists.

What are Hurley's keepers in your opinion? I think it's their most overall consistent since Maladroit (which I like a lot) but it still has some classic late-period Weezer crap.

Haven't gotten to either of last week's releases yet. Really interested in Pinkerton Deluxe. Moderately interested in Death To False Metal

Keepers: Smart Girls, Ruling Me, Run Away, Hang On, I want to Be Something

Clunkers: Trainwrecks, Where's my Sex?, All my Friends are Insects

For me their last good record was Green, but I have warmed up to Make Believe a good bit, of course, minus a few songs. :shifty

Death to False Metal is pretty forgettable. It had a lot of potential on paper, but upon listening to it, I was really left underwhelmed. As for Pinkerton's deluxe, I love it. I like having the bonus tracks on there and in one place now. My only complaint is that they're going to release Rivers Coumo's Alone III next month which is supposed to be a Pinkerton edition with some Blackhole songs, demos, etc. Why didn't they just put it on this?

I'd agree with those, mostly. My top two are Run Away and Unspoken. I also love Time Flies for it's demo-like quality.

I have DTFM and Pinkerton waiting for me as birthday presents, so I'll probably wait to check them out. But I don't really have a problem with a Pinkerton centered Alone release. It was originally going to be an optional third disc with Pinkerton Deluxe. For my collection's sake, I'm glad it's its own release. Otherwise, the Rivers Cuomo releases would skip from Alone 2 to Alone 4. Cannot have that.

8YJDkxJMt2E8DF3.jpg

First listen to this one and it is making me so nostalgic for the Pup's 80's (and early 90's) heyday. They could be such and amazing live band.