Now Playing: November, 2010

that is an awesome record. the band of horses cover is great.

Fuck You is in regular rotation on my iPod.

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well I was listening to Rosemary Lane a while ago too! I actually managed to pick everything he's done up to moonshine on remastered cd - for £2.99 a cd recently, so i gave away the few albums i had from that period and updated them all.

We should start a club.

Louie or Froggie, have either of you picked up the 3 Charisma albums they reissued last year (in the uk, anyway - don't know about the rest of the world)? In many ways 3 of my favourite albums by him.

NP.

51mvkYXxmEL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

(although i'm a naughty boy, and didn't pay for it!)

Mary+Hopkin+-+Post+Card+-+Booklet+1-front.jpg

51VPPEMDY5L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

That's a good one..brought to us by John Ciba...

Engaging in some nostalgia....

1172668001_poco__rose_of_cimarron__front.jpg

Poco...a long forgotten band....on LP.

I am working at home today so I can dig this stuff out of the piles of LPs I have picked up and never listened to.

LouieB

The Lady Killer might not present the freshest take on R&B and soul, but it definitely sounds like something awesome. I certainly don't think Fuck You is a one-trick pony.

kcaccidental_cover.jpg

Pre-Broken Social Scene start up material.

jimi_hendrix_are_you_experienced.jpg

Recently picked up the latest Hendrix remasters. It's a bit weird listening to this, I'm hearing some things I've never really noticed in the mix before.

Kanyecover1.jpg

I don't even care that he's a jerk.

At least he's honest and modest about making mistakes. I think this makes him a pretty likable jerk. In fact, in contrast to Taylor Swift, I prefer the fragile egotistic humanity in Kanye West over the cold plastic siren of Taylor Swift. But that's for another thread. Are there any skits on this album?

10017-sound-of-silver.jpg

At least he's honest and modest about making mistakes. I think this makes him a pretty likable jerk. In fact, in contrast to Taylor Swift, I prefer the fragile egotistic humanity in Kanye West over the cold plastic siren of Taylor Swift. But that's for another thread. Are there any skits on this album?

The closest thing is a little bit from Chris Rock at the end of one song, but it's at least attempted to work into the theme of a song.

Honestly, he seems contrite about his worst two moments, the Taylor Swift thing and the Bush thing. There seems to be a maturity about him, at least more so than before. I think he recognizes that he really hurt his image.

I've listened to it through a few times. It's really good. God damn. "Runaway" is amazing.