Mavis Staples 11-27 at the Park West

I was going to ask the same thing, it seems likely considering he's joined her so regularly and is (most likely) in Chicago as everyone in Wilco is off doing their own thing before they start recording again. I really hope he doesnt just play with her Sunday as I'm covering Saturdays show.

Jeff wasn't at the show. Great show though. Mavis told a funny story along the lines of her doing a vocal take that sounded just like Tweedy (she learned the song off of his demo) and Jeff came running out of the control room to say "Mavis! Stop! You're singing it like me!" I think it was Only The Lord Knows.

I got to shake Mavis's hand(s) last night as she walked off the stage. :wub Sigh.

It was a great show but Jeff was not there. When Mavis mentioned his name the first time, the place erupted with cheers. I saw Pat there, he was sporting a huge beard and I am pretty sure I saw Mikael as well. It was cool to see Mavis, and I am sure many of the people there would not have been there had Jeff not produced her last record. It's pretty awesome that she got a lot of new fans this late in her career, she is truely an amazing performer!