2011 tour dates?

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I see a date on wilcoworld I haven't seen posted on vc:

July 31 Niigata, Japan Fuji Rock Festival

I will be in the region geographically, but finances put me in a galaxy far far away. Tickets for Fuji Rock are US$230+ for one day, or USD500+ for three days.

Wowza! I love Wilco so much, sometimes I temporarily forego lower Maslow needs like food clothing shelter to see them, but this would require yogic asceticism for at least a month.

The Netherlands, twice.

Zondag 13 november: Vredenburg Leidsche Rijn, Utrecht

Aanvang: 20.15 uur / zaal open: 19:15u / tickets 32 euro

(Een co-productie van Vredenburg en Tivoli)

Maandag 14 november: 013 Tilburg

Aanvang: 19.15 uur / zaal open: 18.30u / tickets 30 euro

Looks like Madrid in November.

Seems like there's lots of room for shows in the U.S. and Canada from July - September, unless I'm missing something. I hope they'll be announcing some late summer/early fall dates in the U.S. soon--right after the new album leaks and just before it's officially released! :thumbup

For those non-Brits, the map link (and address) they have on WilcoWorld for the Roundhouse is wrong. Here is the correct location:-

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=Roundhouse+chalk+farm&aq=&sll=51.512068,-0.122974&sspn=0.009708,0.019076&g=The+Piazza,+Covent+Garden+London+UK+WC2E+8BE&ie=UTF8&ll=51.543506,-0.1525&spn=0.009702,0.019076&z=16

I think there is a pub with the name 'Round House' in Covent Garden - which is what they're stating. Wilco HQ have been informed :pirate

It's decent enough, though some people complain about the sound there depending on where you stand (saw Brian Wilson there once and God Only Knows was blissful so was fine for me) but always a bit of a pain to get out of - don't know what would happen if they ever had a fire.

Still, a good spread of UK shows - they're getting closer to Cardiff with Bristol, but still not close enough :-)

more dates up on Wilcoworld ...

NOV-01 MADRID, ES TEATRO CIRCO PRICE

NOV-02 BARCELONA, ES PALAU DE LA MUSICA CATALANA

NOV-03 DONOSTIA, ES KURSAAL

NOV-08 FRANKFURT, DE ALTE OPER

NOV-09 MUNICH, DE CIRCUS KRONE

NOV-11 WEISSENH, DE ROLLING STONE WEEKENDER

NOV-12 BERLIN, DE TEMPODROM

NOV-13 UTRECHT, NL VREDENBURG LEIDSCHE RIJN

NOV-14 TILBURG, NL 013

more dates up on Wilcoworld ...

NOV-01 MADRID, SP TEATRO CIRCO PRICE

NOV-02 BARCELONA, SP PALAU DE LA MUSICA CATALANA

NOV-03 DONOSTIA, SP KURSAAL

NOV-08 FRANKFURT, GE ALTE OPER

NOV-09 MUNICH, GE CIRCUS KRONE

NOV-11 WEISSENH, GE ROLLING STONE WEEKENDER

NOV-12 BERLIN, GE TEMPODROM

NOV-13 UTRECHT, NE VREDENBURG LEIDSCHE RIJN

NOV-14 TILBURG, NE 013

on another note it - it looks like Wilcoworld is all of a sudden very geographically challenged... (sloppy)

proper country abbreviations:

ES = Spain

DE = Germany

NL = Netherlands

while i am certain Bbop would be psyched for a trip to western Africa or a stay on the Black Sea, i severely doubt the band is playing in...

GE = Georgia

NE = Niger

SP = ????

Haha, very funny. Actually, I think that Nov. 3 date is probably San Sebastian (which I believe is called Donostia in Basque?). I know the band loved playing there last time.

Looks like maybe the days of GA European shows are dwindling. Certainly in Spain. The Circus Krone in Munich is a bit weird in terms of seating, in case anyone was thinking of doing that one. Anybody know anything about the Berlin venue or the ones in Holland? And is the Roundhouse definitely GA? I always wanted to see a show there... :thumbup

UTRECHT, NE

OMG, OMG, OMG, OMG!

My cousin lives in Nebraska, just down the road from Utrecht, Nebraska. I am *so* going to see Wilco in Nebraska. So excited!!!!

:P

And is the Roundhouse definitely GA? I always wanted to see a show there... :thumbup

Every time I've been there - just standing in the circular-ish hall. There are raised seats around the sides but I think those are first come first served too and, of course, not something you're likely to consider :thumbup

Phew! - have got tickets for both nights in London and hopefully Glasgow. Nice to see that Sandbag are now telling you what seats they actually have in reserved seating areas.

Now just Spain to crack on Friday...

Phew! - have got tickets for both nights in London and hopefully Glasgow. Nice to see that Sandbag are now telling you what seats they actually have in reserved seating areas.

Now just Spain to crack on Friday...

Great news! I wish I could remember how I procured the Spanish tickets last time. I think it was through Sandbag, actually. Actually getting the tickets in hand was another story... :ninja

And FYI, for anyone interested in the three German shows (not including the Weekender festival), I just got an e-mail that seems to indicate tickets are on sale now through eventim.de.

Every time I've been there - just standing in the circular-ish hall. There are raised seats around the sides but I think those are first come first served too and, of course, not something you're likely to consider :thumbup

I think the raised seats (the balcony) are reserved. It's not like a regular balcony where you feel detached from the show. Plus, the stage is quite low, so if you're standing downstairs, unless you're very near the front, you're lucky to see any more than the head and shoulders of the band (or less if you're not tall).

I'll be trying for one night upstairs, and the other standing

Wow, this was a happy surprise this morning. Grabbed two for the second night in London. Not sure I can justify (or convince my husband) going both nights.

I can't believe Wilco is playing the Palau Musica Catalana in Barcelona -- that place is incredible. Symphonies, opera and Wilco!

Madrid is also now on sale via Entradas.com - got standing tix this morning. Still trying to see where Barcelona and Donostia might be available from - anybody pleeeeezz?