2011 tour dates?

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just got this from Wilco HQ. Looks like there won't be any significant run of U.S. shows between July-September after all. Damn!

"The band may like to push boundaries, but it’s never lost sight of rock and roll fundamentals: If your music moves people, they’ll follow you anywhere." Mobile Press-Register (May 4, 2011)

Greetings from New Orleans where we're 3 shows into Wilco's US mini-tour. It's been fun to watch the band get cranked up again & blast the cobwebs out after the layoff. If you can't make one of the shows, you can hear a stream of the band's Jazzfest performance this Saturday at Rollingstone.com. More info here. Oh, almost forgot a select few tickets remain for the show in Houston on Friday night.

In order to focus on finishing the record and get some quality time at home, the band are doing only a handful of gigs before September -- two of them at the Sold Sound Festival in June. If you haven't checked out the festival lineup, you should do so stat. The complete schedule is available here and features Levon Helm, Sonic Youth's Thurston Moore, Chicago funk/soul legend Syl Johnson (and his 14-piece band), a mass of Wilco side projects, Neil Finn, comedy, falconry, an amazing museum, great food and loads more cool stuff ... all in the lovely Berkshires of Western Mass. It's really a one-of-a-kind experience for the serious music/art/Wilco fan. With that in mind, we're giving you one more shot at specially-priced tickets. Go here and enter the promo code "Wilco" to save 25 bucks per ticket. Offer expires Tuesday night (May 10) at 11:59 EDT and has a two ticket per purchaser limit. Remember with new music just around the bend it's likely you'll be amongst the first to hear some of it if you show up in North Adams that weekend. The fest will also mark the debut release from our own dBpm Records in the form of a 7" featuring the new tune "I Might" b/w a cover of Nick Lowe's quite apropos "I Love My Label". Our advice: "Be there or else."

Last but not least we just announced a run of post album-release Fall shows in Europe. Most shows go onsale Friday, May 6. Dates here.

That's it and that's plenty, right? Hope to see you out there soon. For more timely info & updates, we encourage you to stay tuned to Wilco's Facebook page http://on.fb.me/wilco-facebook , where we're posting fresh info pretty much in real time. We've got a lot to look forward to -- especially the new record which, btw, is sounding pretty amazing. Can't wait for you to hear it. thanks & see ya'll out there soon (the southern tour is rubbing off...). peace, etc.

Wilco HQ

Hi all!

also haven't been around for a long time! Still no news about the show in Barcelona but I'll keep you posted when I find out. I called the box office yesterday morning, when the tickets were supposed to be on sale, but they knew nothing about it, so I guess that there'll be no news until Monday (oh, I love this country...). At least have my tickets for the Roundhouse already!!

Cris

I spent many hours yesterday trying to get a whiff of where to buy for Barcelona and eventually mailed the venue box office to be told that their autumn season was not yet on sale and to keep checking their site - no rush then...

2nd row centerish for tweedy fish creek....

Thanks for the reminder - completely forgot.

Got 10th row center.

Should be a nice over night trip - never been up in that area before.

Fitting WXRT just started to play You and I as am typing this.

I think a lot of people haven't even realized this show exists. Also, it's a haul from pretty much anywhere besides Green Bay. That being said, I'm so pumped. Even though I'm a lifelong Wisconsin resident, this will be my first trip to Door County.

I think a lot of people haven't even realized this show exists. Also, it's a haul from pretty much anywhere besides Green Bay. That being said, I'm so pumped. Even though I'm a lifelong Wisconsin resident, this will be my first trip to Door County.

I looking forward to the little road trip from Chicago, I imagine it's a pretty nice drive.

I was surprised to get great seats.

if this show would have been in Ashland I'd have made the drive from Cleveland.

Ashland, WI?! Really? I think if Tweedy were going to come to the Northwoods, he'd go to Minocqua. That may or may not be a plan of mine before I move :ninja

I was also shocked to get decent decent tickets for this show at noon. Can't wait for this trip! I haven't been to Door County since I was 8, so I'm going to make this a good time.

Still, a good spread of UK shows - they're getting closer to Cardiff with Bristol, but still not close enough :-)

Hey! Are you in Cardiff too? Always good to hear of Wilco fans round these parts ;-)

My friends and I have got tickets for Bristol - cannot WAIT!!! Been waiting 5 years to see these guys live.

Quick question - we got 'general admission' tickets - I take it that means we're in the standing area?

Sorry for obvious question...just want to make sure :-)

Hey! Are you in Cardiff too? Always good to hear of Wilco fans round these parts ;-)

My friends and I have got tickets for Bristol - cannot WAIT!!! Been waiting 5 years to see these guys live.

Quick question - we got 'general admission' tickets - I take it that means we're in the standing area?

Sorry for obvious question...just want to make sure :-)

Born and bred but living in London now :-( Just want to see them in my home town one day.

Don't know anything specific about the Colston Hall, but I would generally say that GA = standing area.

That being said, I'm so pumped. Even though I'm a lifelong Wisconsin resident, this will be my first trip to Door County.

We took our maiden trip to The Thumb last fall, and now we can't wait to go back for this show in Fish Creek. Best kept secret, apparently. Fish Boil!

Born and bred but living in London now :-( Just want to see them in my home town one day.

Don't know anything specific about the Colston Hall, but I would generally say that GA = standing area.

Cheers, I'm gonna assume that GA is standing area seeing as I haven't been given a seat number or anything.

Wilco in Cardiff would be awesome, but think Colston Hall is probably a better venue for them - where would they play in Cardiff? New Theatre? :ermm

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Does anyone think there might be some US Wilco dates in August, Sept and early October or are they going to wait until after Europe to do shows stateside? It would really suck if I didn't get to see them until 2012.