2011 tour dates?

There will be North American tour dates this September.

There were "rumblings" from some in the know in North Adams this weekend that a northeastern September run will be announced very soon.

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm still kinda surprised that there is one lone Asia date and nothing else. Seems odd to trek over to japan for one festival date. Unlikely, even.

Stealth Loose Fur tour? According to Jeff, the "signal has been lit" for O'Rourke to get back with them.

...yeah, didn't think so either.

• 1 month later...

From Wilco's Facebook status update today: Standby. We'll announce the 2nd leg of the "Whole Love" North American tour this Friday.

Edit: I'm actually genuinely happy that they're adding some shows so that those of you that don't have Wilco coming in the following month will get to see them.

Via Facebook --

North American Tour, Second Leg:

Nov. 29 Dallas Music Hall at Fair Park;

Dec. 1 Austin City Limits at Moody Theater;

Dec. 3 Kansas City Uptown Theater;

Dec. 4 West Des Moines Val Air Ballroom;

Dec. 6 & 7 Minneapolis State Theatre;

Dec. 9 Milwaukee Riverside Theater;

Dec. 10 Detroit Fillmore;

Dec. 12 Chicago Civic Opera House.

Ticketing info etc. tba:

Wilco's Facebook reply to the obvious concern about shows out there: West Coast dates tba soon for early 2012

Edit: Oops! Uberlee & I posted this at the exact time, so I'll leave up the bit about the West Coast dates.

Wilco's Facebook reply to the obvious concern about shows out there: West Coast dates tba soon for early 2012

Edit: Oops! Uberlee & I posted this at the exact time, so I'll leave up the bit about the West Coast dates.

Oh good... I got worried there. :uhoh

Saw Andrew Bird at the Opera House. It isn't a great place for rock n' roll (kinda of like Auditorium imo). If any band can find away to rock at the Opera House, wilco can.

I saw him there too -- you're right, not so great. I sure hope they raise the orchestra pit floor and add seats. Maybe that isn't how this venue is built. I don't know. But it was still a real orchestra pit for Andrew Bird, and it was weird (and pretty disappointing) to have seats in row 2 yet still be about 20 rows away from the stage. :thumbdown