2011 tour dates?

Is this list along the lines of "Encouraged Random Speculation," or have these dates been announced/confirmed?

JEFF TWEEDY SOLO TOUR DATES

March 22 Toronto Queen Elizabeth Theatre

March 25 Montreal L'Olympia de Montréal

March 26 Portland, ME State Theatre

March 28 Madison, WI Capitol Theater

March 29 Rochester, MN Mayo Civic Center Presentation Hall

March 30 Iowa City, IA The Englert Theatre

WILCO TOUR DATES

May 2 Montgomery, AL Montgomery Performing Arts Center

May 3 Mobile, AL Saenger Theatre

May 5 New Orleans, LA Jazzfest

May 6 Houston, TX Verizon Wireless Theater

May 7 Denton, TX University of N. Texas Auditorium

May 8 Tulsa, OK Cain's Ballroom

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

these are from the wilcoworld website. So pretty official if you ask me.

I am OCD when it comes to fact checking. :blink (It's beyond my control.)

So, okay, when I go to the shows page http://www.wilcoworld.net/shows/index.php it says "Wilco currently have no shows scheduled" and lists only the New Orleans Jazz Fest and Solid Sound.

Is it on a different page? Please post.

I am OCD when it comes to fact checking. :blink (It's beyond my control.)

So, okay, when I go to the shows page http://www.wilcoworld.net/shows/index.php it says "Wilco currently have no shows scheduled" and lists only the New Orleans Jazz Fest and Solid Sound.

Is it on a different page? Please post.

The tour dates are from a release that Anti put out regarding the new record label:

http://www.anti.com/news/index/877

weird, those dates were up on Wilco's site last night, but now they're gone...?

Same here. It's happened before, for other things. Maybe it's when they're modifying the content?

Did anyone see the banner top right--the one that changes and takes you to a link--about a Solid Sound Announcement coming at 1:00 PM today? It took you to the Solid Sound website, but I didn't see any new announcements yet.

Hmmm...Denton or Houston.

Both really not an option. D-Man is still in school...so it will probably be Saturday in Denton

NEED THE PRESALE dates for Toronto. Need them now!

Ain't it the truth. Damn that non-functioning [iNFO] tab on the Wilcoworld site.

Ain't it the truth. Damn that non-functioning [iNFO] tab on the Wilcoworld site.

Looking forward to this a lot. Have not seen a Tweedy solo show before. Closest i came was Bennett/Tweedy at the Horseshoe like, 12 years ago.

The QET will be a good place to see him. Was last there for James, and it was a hoot:

Tell me, at these solo shows, does Tweedy get all crazy and do any wavy-arm crowd dancing like Tim Booth? That would be something to see

hmmm

Looks Like Boston and perhaps MA RI /CT might be dealt out with the 1 st leg of the tour...

Im guessing this because of the local avail of Mass MOCA

Went Last Year on the fence due to Family Vaca ....

it's an over 2 hr drive to Portland but might .....

Good luck all chasing tickets to your show!

First Wilco show I saw was just not to long ago in London Ontario. Unbelievable that I had not seen them before. Great show. Question so I don't miss out is how do the pre sales work usually. I have been to 100s of shows And realize each band is different Can not wait for this Toronto show Seeing chris cornell acoustic in the same theatre Really appreciate any help.

Take it easy

from front gate:

Jeff Tweedy Solo Dates On Sale Wednesday Feb 2nd at 9am CST / 10 am local

* MAR-22 Queen Elizabeth Theatre Toronto, ONT

* MAR-25 L'Olympie de Montreal Montreal, QUE

* MAR-26 State Theatre Portland, ME

Jeff Tweedy Solo Dates On Sale Wednesday Feb 2nd at 10am CST

* MAR-30 The Englert Theatre Iowa City, IA

Wilco Dates On Sale Wednesday Feb 2nd at 10am CST

* MAY-2 Montgomery PAC Montgomery, AL

* MAY-3 Saenger Theatre Mobile, AL

* MAY-6 Verizon Wireless Theatre Houston, TX

* MAY-7 University of N Texas Auditorium Denton, TX

* MAY-8 Cain's Ballroom Tulsa, OK

Jeff Tweedy Solo Dates On Sale Wednesday Feb 9th at 10am CST

* MAR-28 Capitol Theater Madison, WI

* MAR-29 Mayo Civic Center Preservation Hall Rochester, MN

First Wilco show I saw was just not to long ago in London Ontario. Unbelievable that I had not seen them before. Great show. Question so I don't miss out is how do the pre sales work usually. I have been to 100s of shows And realize each band is different Can not wait for this Toronto show Seeing chris cornell acoustic in the same theatre Really appreciate any help.

Take it easy

Hey Spidey - this thread will also explain a lot about how it works for Wilco tickets. :cheers

Take it easy

awesome! i was thinking of going to that show. last minute, the day of... i was trying to get someone to go with me. but it was a weeknight, i couldn't find anyone to go with, AND the roads weren't too good that day (lots of snow or maybe even freezing rain). i hadn't planned to go, because i had already seen them a week before in edmonton. but since the edmonton show was so awesome, it made me want to see them again. i didn't end up going to that london show, but i have seen them around 5 times over the last few years, so it's not a big deal. plus, i'm sure i'll see them again soon enough, and i WILL see Jeff solo really soon! so all is well. :)

and incidentally, i'll be going to see Chris Cornell too, but in Edmonton. you see, I live in Ontario, but my family's in Edmonton, so i visit there often (i.e., it's my other home).