2011 tour dates?

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder if there is still a chance they will play the Whitewater in New Braunfels, TX in addition to the other Texas dates or if that fell through? I gotta look at a map of Texas to see where Denton is. :) Cain's sounds fantastic, though. Might shoot for that one. :rock

Can anyone tell me their experience using Wilco Frontgate ticketing? I've always purchased through ticketmaster. Is the price better through Wilco ticketing? Are the seats better? Does the site get overloaded at purchase time? Thanks in advance for response.

Can anyone tell me their experience using Wilco Frontgate ticketing? I've always purchased through ticketmaster. Is the price better through Wilco ticketing? Are the seats better? Does the site get overloaded at purchase time? Thanks in advance for response.

general-info-about-front-gate-ticketing

The above is pinned in this Just a Fan forum - you will find some info in there. I don't think I have ever used Front Gate Ticketing, before.

Yes, I've used them several times. Get yourself signed up on their website in advance, get your password, etc. It can be frustrating like any ticketing service, but I've found that you can actually call and speak with someone if you're having problems.

general-info-about-front-gate-ticketing

The above is pinned in this Just a Fan forum - you will find some info in there. I don't think I have ever used Front Gate Ticketing, before.

Thank you. That's very helpful. The only info I did not see on that thread was if there was an advantage as far as seat location when using Frontgate. If anyone here has used Frontgate recently I would really appreciate hearing about the quality of the seat location vs. Ticketmaster. I can't seem to find any info on that anywhere. From what I read on the other thread the financial aspect is about equal so I'm looking for a reason to give Frontgate a try. Thanks.

Seat location? You'll be lucky to get a seat the way Wilco/Tweedy shows have been selling out recently. My advice, log on at the start of the pre-sale and keep your fingers crossed. If you waste time trying to select seat locations you will not get a ticket. Good luck...

Thank you. That's very helpful. The only info I did not see on that thread was if there was an advantage as far as seat location when using Frontgate. If anyone here has used Frontgate recently I would really appreciate hearing about the quality of the seat location vs. Ticketmaster. I can't seem to find any info on that anywhere. From what I read on the other thread the financial aspect is about equal so I'm looking for a reason to give Frontgate a try. Thanks.

In my experience, the seats were not always better through frontgate. It's not like the 10% of the seats that Wilco sells are the best 10% of the seats in the venue. As for GA shows, the only perk I have ever seen them do is frontgate purchasers at the '08 Cains show got to enter before the doors opened to the rest of the public. All other GA shows I have seen them at, there was no preferential treatment to Frontgate presale ticket purchasers.

Generally how fan club pre-sales work is 10% of the total tickets available to the public are sold through the pre-sale and represent a mix of tickets across what is available - at the front, in the balcony, wherever.

Your chances of getting good seats are neither better nor worse versus TicketMaster.

so i'm probably completely missing something here, but are there presale details for all of these solo shows? specifically the 3/29 rochester MN show? i see the regular on-sale is next wednesday, but i can't find any presale info. any help?

wouldn't that be great? Trying for London at the Aeolian Hall, but it might be too late. Hope that High Road has some openings

I talked to the main promoter here in Ottawa, and it sounds like he tried to get Tweedy but there was no room. I am assuming there will be two nights in Toronto. It should also be noted that that is Juno week in Toronto as well, wonder if that might have anything to do with it?