Taping the Tweedy shows?

It's the same policy. But - current Wilco/Jeff shows appearing on BT sites are few and far between these days. So don't hold your breath. Of course, having said that, the show will probably get shared. Or maybe not. I hope he does not read the negative BS that one finds in a lot of threads in this section of the board these days.

It's the same policy. But - current Wilco/Jeff shows appearing on BT sites are few and far between these days. So don't hold your breath. Of course, having said that, the show will probably get shared. Or maybe not. I hope he does not read the negative BS that one finds in a lot of threads in this section of the board these days.

Amen, A-Man (re the negative comments).

Yes, a couple of us were trying to kidnap Brennan and get his young butt out to the east coast to record these shows, but alas, I don't think anybody hit the lottery jackpot to fund the trip from California. I really hope somebody manages some kind of a taping, though--it would be such a shame not to have these memories preserved. Even if--to coin a phrase--imperfectly.

NYC Taper always does great recordings, but he tweeted that he's still looking for a ticket to tonight's show, so it's not looking good that he'll be taping it.

I don't want to derail this thread, but I have to say this. Some people around here don't seem to get that being critical isn't automatically being negative. I'm hard on Wilco at times these days for the same reason I'm often hard on my students at this point in the semester: I see their potential, and right now they're not doing their best work. They're capable of better. Solid Sound exceeded my expectations, and the Evening with shows were great, but I'm not going to lie and say I like most of the last album when I don't or that I'm not worried that Jeff has lost his teeth as a songwriter. I'd love to see the band prove me wrong, just as I'm thrilled when I see a student who's been struggling start working harder and improve his or her work.

If people don't like reading potentially negative things about the band, go read another thread. It's as simple as that.

On the other side, is it necessary to post over and over again that one thinks the band sucks, or certain band members are bad, or whatever? I've seen a lot of that here over the past couple of years.

I use to post a lot of negative stuff about various bands, and whatnot here. I was asked why I was spending my time putting down things I did not care for, when I could just post about stuff I do like.

If people no longer like Wilco, the albums they make, the band members, the fact that they sell coffee, hats, etc., then why not just move on, and be done with it.

If I am the only one it bothers, than so be it. I am just saying it is a drag.

People constantly bashing the bands whose message board they're on happens all the time, look at At Ease or Backstreets, I barely ever read a positive thing posted!

I think VC has been so slow the past while due to the band making two mediocre records (comparative to their back catalogue, we all know if any other band made those two records we'd hail them as the second coming), and the death of Jay Bennett seems to play a big part as well.

To get back on topic though, I hope someone tapes these solo shows and that Jeff plays some new songs at them, I'm getting pretty anxious to hear some new tunes.

People constantly bashing the bands whose message board they're on happens all the time, look at At Ease or Backstreets, I barely ever read a positive thing posted!

You serious? The Radiohead sections of the AtEase message board are full of some of the most annoying fanboy gushing posts I've ever seen. It's disgusting. I'd much rather discuss a band in a forum that doesn't collectively orgasm at discovering that the CSS document used to code Radiohead's latest website update may or may not be titled as a reference to a 2011 tour. If it wasn't for the quality trolling that goes on, I'd never read that section of their board at all. The non-Radiohead music forum is great though.

This forum has negativity, but the Radiohead fanboys on AtEase are without a doubt worse.

I think most of the bashers are just as vocal as they are to balance out the ridiculousness of the fanboys that reside there. This forum does have a recently active thread called God Bless Jeff Tweedy, but it's still infinitely less creepy than the Radiohead people, who (as expected) will freak out over discovering pictures of Thom Yorke shirtless at the beach.

I've heard great things about the DRA message board. Never checked it out though.

On the other side, is it necessary to post over and over again that one thinks the band sucks, or certain band members are bad, or whatever? I've seen a lot of that here over the past couple of years.

I use to post a lot of negative stuff about various bands, and whatnot here. I was asked why I was spending my time putting down things I did not care for, when I could just post about stuff I do like.

If people no longer like Wilco, the albums they make, the band members, the fact that they sell coffee, hats, etc., then why not just move on, and be done with it.

I'm with you. It's a drag.

If Jeff (or anyone in the band) is any kind of artist whatsoever, he'd rather have people posting both good and bad things about his work instead of 100% rave reviews.

You're never gonna improve as an artist if no one will point out your flaws. The world needs haters.

(I don't mind SBS or WTA myself. But they do show Jeff in a certain comfort zone that it'd be cool to see him break out of.)

Guest Speed Racer

I've also seen over and over again posts about how people likee the band, or that certain members are awesome, or whatever. What's the difference? It's a board about Wilco, and either way (get it?! total song reference dude) we're discussing the band. I enjoy discussing the band: the parts I love, the parts I dislike, and the parts that haven't come around yet. The best place to discuss the band, in my opinion is here. Ta-da!

Guest Speed Racer

New albums, upcoming shows - I was referring to the speculation talk.

But, in the event that you were expecting something snarky - anything good since BAITUSA.

New albums, upcoming shows - I was referring to the speculation talk.

But, in the event that you were expecting something snarky - anything good since BAITUSA.

The band has been on the road for years in all parts of the world. I would say they certainly have played plenty of shows in recent years. The new album is on the way, or listen to Mavis Staples, that has some Wilco folks on it, or Autumn Defense of the most recent (or the entire back catalogue) from Nels Cline.

Oh and BAITUSA is Loose Fur which is also a side project so it isn't Wilco either. So if we are talking side projects, I would say there is plenty of product out there from band members to check out.

Or if you are really freaked out....the old albums still play pretty well.

LouieB

Guest Speed Racer

Louie, get the whatever out of your butt. My initial post was referring to how I do enjoy talking about the past, present and future of Wilco. Believe it or not, I was already aware that they have toured quite a bit recently, and have in fact released many tremendous albums; if you haven't noticed, I've been a Wilco fan for a while.

The second remark was a poke at you, since you were fishing for something snarky to bitch about (not that you need assistance). If you can believe this too, I was also aware that BAITUSA is a Loose Fur album. It's also the most recent batch of Tweedy songs I'm not embarrassed is in my iTunes.

I don't ever mind hearing opinions either positive or negative, even when I strongly disagree. Discussion of the band's music is fine. It's the snarky posts made strictly to be snarky that make me crazy. The posters of these often seem to consider their posts to be witty and clever, but they're just...tiresome.

Louie, get the whatever out of your butt. My initial post was referring to how I do enjoy talking about the past, present and future of Wilco. Believe it or not, I was already aware that they have toured quite a bit recently, and have in fact released many tremendous albums; if you haven't noticed, I've been a Wilco fan for a while.

The second remark was a poke at you, since you were fishing for something snarky to bitch about (not that you need assistance). If you can believe this too, I was also aware that BAITUSA is a Loose Fur album. It's also the most recent batch of Tweedy songs I'm not embarrassed is in my iTunes.

Easy, girl...no need to get personal.

Let's all do our level best to keep the dialogue civil.

Guest kechefs

Agree 100%, discussion is great but for gods sake recorded nap, we get you don't like Pat enough already.

Guest Speed Racer

Easy, girl...no need to get personal.

Let's all do our level best to keep the dialogue civil.

Wasn't getting personal - no more than he was, certainly. Crass perhaps, but personal only insofar as I was addressing him. Explaining things like I've never heard of Wilco before is snarkier than anything I said before that, which let me to believe that he's in a tizzy about something.

Wasn't getting personal - no more than he was, certainly. Crass perhaps, but personal only insofar as I was addressing him. Explaining things like I've never heard of Wilco before is snarkier than anything I said before that, which let me to believe that he's in a tizzy about something.

I get how you feel, but this sort of conversing is best kept to pm's rather than an everyone-can-read forum.

My comments about keeping the dialogue civil were addressed not just to you, Nap, but rather to all of our members. Nobody needs to get snarky, and it's especially inappropriate, and unbecoming, on an all-ages board such as this.

Am I gonna have to turn this car around?

Love,

kidsmoke

sorry back to the topic.does boulder theater still have a no taping policy?i know its a bit small for taping but is it still no taping policy?colorado folk?extra points awarded to NATIVE coloradians.