Boulder Presale Password?

Don't know what board I belong to that should remain nameless...but if it's not me someone's getting a beating! I am the one and only. :P

That's my name on most boards so...

The Weens.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just booked my stay at the Marriott downtown! Can't wait for this :) :)

Be advised that the Marriott is not really downtown. It's about a mile walk from the venue through the Whittier neighborhood. If you want to stay a block from the venue right off the Boulder Mall, try the Boulderado. The St. Julien is also close and is the ritziest hotel in town.

See you there!

Be advised that the Marriott is not really downtown. It's about a mile walk from the venue through the Whittier neighborhood. If you want to stay a block from the venue right off the Boulder Mall, try the Boulderado. The St. Julien is also close and is the ritziest hotel in town.

See you there!

is it possible to get a cab? i hope i didn't make too big a mistake booking at the marriott! thanks for the help bouldereagle, i appreciate it!

I went with the two-pronged attack - I went for Saturday while my wife tried Friday for me. I wound up getting Section A center, second row, for both nights! This (almost) makes up for getting shut out of the Bowery, since the Bowery is about 2,000 miles closer to home than Boulder.

is it possible to get a cab? i hope i didn't make too big a mistake booking at the marriott! thanks for the help bouldereagle, i appreciate it!

There are cabs, but not so many that you shouldn't call ahead (although they should be outside after the show). It's not that bad of a walk either; go down Pearl St.

The Marriott is very nice and centrally located, it's just not that close to the Mall. The Boulderado, which is much closer to the venue (it's literally a block away), may be cheaper than the Marriott, but I'm not sure.

Either way, hope you enjoy Boulder. Jeff will make sure your trip is worthwhile...

I went with the two-pronged attack - I went for Saturday while my wife tried Friday for me. I wound up getting Section A center, second row, for both nights! This (almost) makes up for getting shut out of the Bowery, since the Bowery is about 2,000 miles closer to home than Boulder.

Had 2nd row the last time he played the Boulder Theater in '06. You're gonna love it--he'll be about 5 feet away from you max.

Had 2nd row the last time he played the Boulder Theater in '06. You're gonna love it--he'll be about 5 feet away from you max.

That's awesome - I love when the rows start really close. We had the first row in DC (had to get there at 4:00 and freeze our asses off), and it was literally 1.5ft from the stage. When he played Acuff Rose off the PA, we were all standing and he was just inches from our faces. I literally could have tied his shoelaces together.

I went with the two-pronged attack - I went for Saturday while my wife tried Friday for me.

That was kind of my plan. Friday night with a friend, Saturday night with the wife.

The Marriot is a nice hotel but if there is time to change, I would 2nd the opinion that the Boulderado or St. Julien would be better and closer to the show. Much better area to just go for a stroll before or after the show as well. Better restaurants within walking distance, great bookstores nearby, etc...

That was kind of my plan. Friday night with a friend, Saturday night with the wife.

The Marriot is a nice hotel but if there is time to change, I would 2nd the opinion that the Boulderado or St. Julien would be better and closer to the show. Much better area to just go for a stroll before or after the show as well. Better restaurants within walking distance, great bookstores nearby, etc...

I got two nights at the Marriot for less than $200. The price was right, so taking a cab or bus downtown is totally worth it. Thank you to everyone who's offered some advice, can't wait for this!