Tweedy in Westchester loves you 12-6-10

Hmm, I didn't see any of that in my section. But it does happen and I think that is reflective of the world at large, not just Wilco world.. People talk and text at all sorts of shows and times and places they shouldn't.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

A pal of mine, and longtime Wilco fan, has sworn off future Wilco shows after last night. Not because of the performance, but rather the crowd. He said that Wilco's following, at least at this show, has become unbearable. In his words, something about a perfect mix of frat boys and Phish-loving fools. He said that almost everyone near him was either talking the entire time or on their cell phones.

The crowd sucked where we were too. Alot of talking during the Autumn Defense's set, at one point I had to turn around and confront the people behind me only to learn that the people behind them were even louder. I didn't think the cellphone situation was so bad though, although 1 guy's phone went off twice (once I can understand), the second time coming right in a quiet moment of "Muzzle of Bees" I think.

I've been to the Music Hall a few times but mostly for comedians. It's not exactly a hip crowd, a good portion of the people seem to be locals who are there just because there's something going on in town.

Guest Speed Racer

I still like how Pfork described AD: "It's like settling in under the covers and realizing its only 6pm." :lol

Nice to see What's the World Got in Store in the set!

A pal of mine, and longtime Wilco fan, has sworn off future Wilco shows after last night. Not because of the performance, but rather the crowd. He said that Wilco's following, at least at this show, has become unbearable. In his words, something about a perfect mix of frat boys and Phish-loving fools. He said that almost everyone near him was either talking the entire time or on their cell phones.

Oh, and Jeff: How about San Francisco?

I like the word "pal".

I would love to hear What's the World again--it's been years.

Eugene Draper reference! My major excitement tonight. (The show sounded excellent too.)

Did it make you want scotch on ice?

I saw a guy get kicked out for using his smart phone. not sure what he was using it for, but out he went.

in front of the balcony?

my bud got kicked out-he was just letting his wife listen

warned once, then booted

I didn't even see any signs about phones/cameras, but I wasnt really looking.

That is the most ridiculous comment ever! This was one of the best shows I have ever seen and complaining about two of the best in the set for a few more songs is silly.

Really? The most ridiculous, ever? If you're replying in reference to my comment, it wasn't a complaint - and note that I said "sounded like a great show." I've been to a few Tweedy shows myself and have loved them, even if I've heard some of the same tunes in the setlist. What I wrote is called posing a question - hypothesizing, even - as to how many or what songs would be substituted for two songs running probably 10-12 minutes. It's not the first time someone has said something like this on this board. Relax.

in front of the balcony?

my bud got kicked out-he was just letting his wife listen

warned once, then booted

I didn't even see any signs about phones/cameras, but I wasnt really looking.

they made an announcement at the start. if he got a warning and then kept going it sounds like a case of user error.

Really? The most ridiculous, ever? If you're replying in reference to my comment, it wasn't a complaint - and note that I said "sounded like a great show." I've been to a few Tweedy shows myself and have loved them, even if I've heard some of the same tunes in the setlist. What I wrote is called posing a question - hypothesizing, even - as to how many or what songs would be substituted for two songs running probably 10-12 minutes. It's not the first time someone has said something like this on this board. Relax.

I agree that Sunken Treasure->Remember the Mountain Bed was my favorite part of the show...not to be swapped out.

I can understand the argument that Sunken Treasure and Remember the Mountain Bed are kind of played out and too long, especially if you've seen several Tweedy solo shows and you have attended a few Wilco shows where they have played these songs repeatedly. I have heard Mountain Bed live five times including last night. That's about 40 minutes of concert time for one song. I now use it for a bathroom break if there is a need. But if you haven't heard it played, it's worth a play or two.

Glad you didn't whistle to "one Wing" :thumbup

That guy was behind us, and as he whistled the One Wing guitar part, I though how annoying. Then Jeff voiced my thought. Love that -- love how he calls people out for bad behavior.

Great show...short, but sweet.

I feel like it had to be a venue request to have the show end when it did, theres no reason for Jeff to have shortened the show by that much for any other reason. That being said, i enjoyed what we got in Tarrytown, its great to have Jeff come to Westchester to play. If only there were more venues in the area to play (Wilco SHOULD come back to Wappingers falls and play the baseball stadium again, just saying)

They could do Paramount in Peekskill or Bardavon in Poughkeepsie, which are larger than Tarrytown. But I don't like seeing Wilco at venues where people sit the whole night.