So what do you love about wintertime?

I was thinking about this last night...I don't know if Winter is my favorite season, but I love it for so many reasons...the crisp, chilly nights where the stars practically pop out of the heavens, the trees gone bare and looking like fantastic sculptures, eggnog and cinnamon-scented pinecones for the fireplace (which we don't have) on sale at the market, UPS trucks rampaging through the streets importantly, spitting out gifts for somebody or other, rainy nights that make the streets shimmer with reflected lights...

What do you love about it being wintertime? Share!

I'm a big fan of cold, crisp weather (easy for me to say, here where if it gets down to 40, we all go nuts!), and early-dark evenings. :yes

Also, any kind of twinkling lights, candles, sparklies, etc., make me happy, so this is a great time of year for all that jazz.

Fires in the fireplace

Dark wines

The silence that a good snowfall brings. It's almost eerie but it's not.

Snow on the ground but sun in the sky=shorts and a sweater in CO , often.

The Hot Stove reports/news/signings.

Looking forward to spring.

Girls in soft fuzzy sweaters so magical to touch

A warm grand Marnier on a freezing cold night

Fireplaces

A cat on my lap and a good book when it's freezing out and I don't have to go anywhere.

The thought of summer

The way the trees, houses and everything else in the neighborhood looks with a fresh blanket of snow covering them.

The crisp clean feeling of the air.

The way our one cat gingerly steps into the snow in the backyard.

Watching classic movies while warmly ensconced on the sofa.

Having a glass of scotch to warm the cockles of the heart.

I enjoy pretty much everything with the exception of shoveling, tailgaters, that salt residue that forms an almost perfect curtain whenever you run out of windshield washer fluid, at night, so that you have to sort of tailgate the person in front of you to get just enough tire spray to clear the windshield, making YOU the tailgater, and people who keep their house at a “comfortable” 79 degrees when you've arrived wearing long johns and a heavy cable-knit sweater.

I enjoy pretty much everything with the exception of shoveling, tailgaters, that salt residue that forms an almost perfect curtain whenever you run out of windshield washer fluid, at night, so that you have to sort of tailgate the person in front of you to get just enough tire spray to clear the windshield, making YOU the tailgater, and people who keep their house at a “comfortable” 79 degrees when you've arrived wearing long johns and a heavy cable-knit sweater.

79!!! Wholly Shite!

We keep our house at 60.

And, I forgot to add to my list: I LOVE shoveling. LOVE IT. Takes me an hour to shovel my driveway. Had to do it this morning. So quiet. Only other sound was the distant scrape of someone else shoveling their drive. I take pride in my clean driveway.