What Christmas gift are you currently enjoying?

A Roku is a thing that allows you to watch Hulu on the television without fucking around with that forsaken cord and your laptop, right? Because that would be nice to have...

Well, you actually have to sign up for Hulu Plus or whatever to watch that, but you can watch Netflix, iTunes podcasts, and all sorts of things.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 11 months later...

Seemed like a good time to revive this thread from last year!

I got some great headphones (Santa did NOT deliver YHF and ST on vinyl as requested, however -- boo, hiss!) and spent some time listening to my favorite tracks on AGIB today. Guess I will have to bite the bullet and start my own collection of Wilco LPs. But I was thrilled to hear so many sounds I had missed before. Putting on One Sunday Morning next!

Later edit: Just listened to a most of The Whole Love through the headphones, and am flattened. Black Moon gave me shivers. The crowning glory, of course, was One Sunday Morning. Hearing these songs through headphones, with all the subtle and layered sounds, was practically an ecstatic experience. Glenn Kotche's percussive genius lends a vitality that I'm only just beginning to appreciate. Wow.

amazon-kindle-fire-tablet.jpg

yeah, I had no idea I was getting this and would not have even asked for it. But I am loving it. Today I streamed Dan Carlins hardcore history, a Louis CK concert, and the NPR Best of 2011 albums blog. I could get used to this.

I've gotten more practical in my present requests, as I've gotten older, and I love that Brennan remembered when I admired a nice little paring knife one day when we were out Christmas shopping. My old one was pretty worn out and wouldn't even sharpen very well. So Bren got me a lovely little light, razor-sharp Victorinox paring knife. I have red and green bell peppers to dice up for dinner, and I'm actually looking forward to the job! A sharp knife makes cooking prep so much more enjoyable.Victorinox-Paring-Knife.jpg

Looking sharp! :)

PeppermintFuzz.jpg

Loving the sound of this pedal. The red and white gives it a nice Christmas-y look too.

This will sound horrible, but for the first time in many years, my mother finally gave me a Christmas gift that I really wanted. I was close to pulling the trigger on buying a pair of these a few weeks ago but couldn't find any in my size.

254785_366_45.jpg

Seemed like a good time to revive this thread from last year!

I got some great headphones (Santa did NOT deliver YHF and ST on vinyl as requested, however -- boo, hiss!) and spent some time listening to my favorite tracks on AGIB today. Guess I will have to bite the bullet and start my own collection of Wilco LPs. But I was thrilled to hear so many sounds I had missed before. Putting on One Sunday Morning next!

Later edit: Just listened to a most of The Whole Love through the headphones, and am flattened. Black Moon gave me shivers. The crowning glory, of course, was One Sunday Morning. Hearing these songs through headphones, with all the subtle and layered sounds, was practically an ecstatic experience. Glenn Kotche's percussive genius lends a vitality that I'm only just beginning to appreciate. Wow.

I'm in the market, which headphones did you get?

This will sound horrible, but for the first time in many years, my mother finally gave me a Christmas gift that I really wanted. I was close to pulling the trigger on buying a pair of these a few weeks ago but couldn't find any in my size.

254785_366_45.jpg

Those look both comfortable and stylish. Nice!

41tx3hKEbPL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Not as easy to use as I was hoping but some real possibilities...

What exactly is that?

I'm in the market, which headphones did you get?

lKcuN.jpg