Now Reading in the New New New Year

Guest Speed Racer

My first NG novel (surprisingly).

I liked that very much, but oddly, had no desire to read any other Neil Gaiman.  I also tried Sandman, and wasn't crazy about it, just meh (I know I'm mostly on my own with that opinion!).

• Replies 801
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

15704307.jpg   2767052.jpg

Finished the first two Hunger Games books, in the lead-up to the second movie coming out this weekend.

Also finished the first two volumes of Saga, and now I'm not the least bit happy that there were only two, and the third volume likely won't come out until next year!

Also:

6614830.jpg

which I enjoyed right up until a very disappointing ending.

Now:

12917338.jpg and 14758455.jpg

A lot of YA there.  Telegraph Avenue might be my only concession to actual adult literature between now and the end of the year. :)

Now:

and 14758455.jpg

A lot of YA there.  Telegraph Avenue might be my only concession to actual adult literature between now and the end of the year. :)

Pretty glad I'm done with this one.  I love Berkeley and I love vinyl but this one just did not do it for me.

Now on to Robyn Hitchcocks favorite book apparently:

51SE8AD387L._SY344_PJlook-inside-v2,TopR

• 2 weeks later...

Just finished Volumes 4, 5, and 6 in the Jack of Fables graphic-novel series.  I'm looking forward to getting back to the non-Jack Fables, I'm just not too crazy about him as a character.

Also:

13594185.jpg

Interesting, but not as compelling as her memoir, which I highly recommend:

385243.jpg

Now on to Telegraph Avenue, then

13641208.jpg

and

2184836.jpg

and

17165608.jpg

Remember to breathe, gogo.

Ha!

I went about six months this year where I didn't read anything (can't really say why), and now I feel like I'm gulping a big glass of water after being so very thirsty.

Started "The Game" by N Strauss.

If this account is true, it explains my lack of success in picking up women when I was single. I just thought that being myself- polite, well mannered, honest and not too drunk would be enough. Nope, turns out some guys have developed an entire schtick to wow the panties off the hotties. Food for thought...

Abbey+Road+to+Ziggy+cover.jpg         %7B343B9F9D-47F0-46ED-A358-E1772BC36852%

I started 11/22/63 a week ago and have about 80 pages left. First King I've ever read. Probably not the last. Damn fun read!

With your recommendation, I'm putting on my list.

Started "The Flame Throwers" by R. Kushner this morning. I may dump it for E. Leonards "Be Cool". We'll see.