17 members have voted

1. 1. Do you have music on your iPod / MP3 which you have never heard?

The post by Vacant Horizon that "i listen to the music so much more when it's on cd rather than on my ipod" got me thinking..

Putting stuff on your ipod is often not the same 'investment' as buying or even burning a CD. I suppose that we wind up with a lot of stuff on our 60 or 120 gigafratz devices that we put there and have never listened to at all. Ever. I've had songs come up on 'random' that I had no idea what they were. I had put them on the ipod in some big 10 CD rip from the library or whatever, and never got around to listening to some.

Well?

Guest Speed Racer

I have a specific playlist of music on my iPod with a play count of '0' for the purpose of hearing it for the first time, so to me it's a bit of a trick question. I usually sort by album because I like listening to whole albums. I'm more likely to listen to music on my iPod than anywhere else since I don't have a stereo at the moment and not everyone in my household cares for my music selections.

I have a specific playlist of music on my iPod with a play count of '0' for the purpose of hearing it for the first time, so to me it's a bit of a trick question. I usually sort by album because I like listening to whole albums. I'm more likely to listen to music on my iPod than anywhere else since I don't have a stereo at the moment and not everyone in my household cares for my music selections.

Like minds... I have the same sort of playlist. I tend to listen to it (on the computer) while exercising at home. Doing so forces me to not skip songs, so I end up hearing stuff I've ever never heard, or haven't listened to in forever. (I had to rebuild my iTunes library after a crash a couple years ago, and all the play counts were reset.)

I tend to let my ipod just load and play randomly all the time so I do run into things I have not listened to. I really only listen to it when I'm excercising. Lately I load as much new stuff as I can on a flash drive and listen to them at work. When I have the option, I almost always listen to an entire album at a time. I agree with Tinnitus, it's usually the entire live concerts that I ambitiously download and never get around to listening to.

With my old ipod no, it was a a full 16gig. I was "aware" of all the content and I had cd's I wanted to put on but couldn't. I decided to throw it in the washing machine one night so a week ago I got a new 160 gig. I plan on maxing out at about 30 gigs of music and some books and podcasts. Its in my ear all day 5 days a week at work so I usually play all songs on random unless I have a new cd or am in the mood for something in particular.