Whilst downloading some choice tracks from the RoadCase mp3s that someone kindly made available in another thread (still waiting for the JT set hint hint pirate.gif) I came across a file on my PC that I didn't think had survived various crashes and whatnot since I downloaded it in March 2005. That also means I'm not the most anal of Wilco 'collectors' laugh.gif So, anyway, I thought I'd share on this this damp dismal morning just outside London. As you will read, it's a song from kind of a personal event, but it was once generously made freely available here on VC without any complaints. But, if there is any doubt as to whether this might still be acceptable, then Moderators please pull the plug. (Mods say: no problem)

For that (first) years letters for Santa auction (and in addition to the first of the Living Room shows), Jeff kindly set up an event whereby the auction winner got to go to the Loft (I presume) and record their own song with JT - JT on vocals. On the day Mike happened to be around and sat in. The winner, 'Brian' (I don't have a surname), was, I remember, a friend of the first person I met from VC at my first Wilco show in London 2004 (pause for wistful memories...). I haven't seen her around here for some time but I know lots of her circle are still some of the VC stalwarts/old timers. I know no more, but here is that song, and a very good one it is too.

Shine on RapidShare

You can tell JT was still on the fag's 51.gif - which is both good and bad in different ways.

So, a querky addition to your Wilco and Wilco related canon.

Have a good day. Ta-ra.

P.S. mp3 haters - this is all I've got, you'll just have to put up with it.
P.P.S. I've signed up to RapidShare just to do this, so can't tell if that link is functional etc. Leave me some feedback if not and I'll try to put it somewhere else, but won't be checking back until tomorrow.

Yeah, it downloads fine. Enjoying now. I remember grabbing this at one point a few years ago, I don't see any problem with it being up. I'd be okay with this Brian guy becoming a member of Wilco if he had more songs like this.

--Mike

A perma-link to this song is available here: http://www.maudiemc.com/Shine.mp3

And while I think the original thread about the taping may be lost in the archives somewhere, I believe Jeff is actually drumming on this, too. Can anyone with a better memory than mine confirm that?

edit: OK, that mp3 link shows up in a very unexpected form! The file is called Shine.mp3, and it's at maudiemc.com, if you can just type that into your browser (maudiemc.com/Shine.mp3).

• 3 weeks later...