Tweedy Solo

as it turns out there is a 1 hr. difference between Lexington time and Chicago time so i was able to sweat about getting my morning jacket tickets, then sweat about the jeff tickets. :lol

this should be a fantastic weekend! :dancing

so i will get to see you this year!!!!!!

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

as it turns out there is a 1 hr. difference between Lexington time and Chicago time so i was able to sweat about getting my morning jacket tickets, then sweat about the jeff tickets. :lol

this should be a fantastic weekend! :dancing

I'm going to both also, do you have Jeff tickets for fri. or sat.? We got Friday so I have a bit of a buffer between these two amazing days.

so i will get to see you this year!!!!!!

yes! start buying beer now! :monkey

sonic: i bought jeff tix for both nights. part of me thinks i should take a miss saturday, but i've seen paltry jeff &/or wilco in the past year. i can do eet! :pirate

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know why WilcoWorld isn't promoting these shows? There is no mention of them on the web site and I haven't seen anything on their Facebook/Twitter accounts. I'm shocked that tickets are still available. Why wouldn't they promote these shows more?

Does anyone know why WilcoWorld isn't promoting these shows? There is no mention of them on the web site and I haven't seen anything on their Facebook/Twitter accounts. I'm shocked that tickets are still available. Why wouldn't they promote these shows more?

I was wondering the same thing.

I'm going both nights and expect I will be taping them.

I could be wrong, but I don't think any taping is allowed at the benefit shows. I seem to recall someone saying that last year.

I could be wrong, but I don't think any taping is allowed at the benefit shows. I seem to recall someone saying that last year.

I certainly hope that's wrong. I understand the prohibition against taping at living room shows, but these are not ultra-exclusive shows. A little higher priced than regular Tweedy shows, yes, and for charity, but not the "extreme intimate" experience that a LRS is.

Guest Jules

I certainly hope that's wrong. I understand the prohibition against taping at living room shows, but these are not ultra-exclusive shows. A little higher priced than regular Tweedy shows, yes, and for charity, but not the "extreme intimate" experience that a LRS is.

It's not a big deal. He plays a lot of shows.

i believe the normal recording policy is in place for these shows : audience recordings are allowed

but i would not try snapping an unauthorized photo - that has been outlawed since March 2010

and of course shooting video of any kind is not permitted

i believe the normal recording policy is in place for these shows : audience recordings are allowed

but i would not try snapping an unauthorized photo - that has been outlawed since March 2010

and of course shooting video of any kind is not permitted

Maybe it's the other benefit show. Or I am just thinking of something else.

Maybe it's the other benefit show. Or I am just thinking of something else.

I believe you're thinking about the living room shows. As I understand it, the attendees may tape those but may not distribute them (except among the other attendees). I believe that's why the living room links in the archive are marked "removed by request." Last year at the Vic, I saw several taping rigs in action (although I'm not sure if there is a prohibition on distributing the recordings, as the tapes from last year have never surfaced publicly).