Tweedy Solo

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're complaining about the processing charges for a charity show? Really? I don't remember them being any higher than usual for the one I went to two years ago.

it's not specific for this show, just shows in general, i hate it.

I was all excited to see tickets for The National in Milwaukee were $29, then when I selected 2 to buy the total was like $85. I'm so sick of the ridiculous charges that get added on. I think the Jeff Tweedy tickets were $50 each, but came to a little over $120 for 2. I just don't have a lot of money is all, and $50 would be pushing it a little for me, so $62 or whatever is just more than I have to spend.

It's nothing against charities or anything, it's more to do with my money situation

I would love to go to one of these, but the processing charges kill me

You could go to the Vic box office and buy tickets without any service charges. That's what I did. I suppose that could be a problem if you don't live in Chicago, but if it's a question of saving 10 or 20 bucks, then at least it's an option.

I'm not familiar with last year's benefit shows, but do you figure any other wilco members [the autumn defense, et al] will make a guest appearance?

i'm from hartford, and flying out for the saturday show....and completely pumped!

So i'm kind of on the fence about going. I've seen wilco lots of times and always loved it, but I've never seen Tweedy solo. What can I expect? Like how long does he play for and is there an opening band?

I'm just not sure because I'm kind of worried if it will be lacking something since it's not full band. I've heard plenty of Jeff Tweedy solo shows, but I'm not sure what it'd be like to actually be there. Anyone have any insight?

So i'm kind of on the fence about going. I've seen wilco lots of times and always loved it, but I've never seen Tweedy solo. What can I expect? Like how long does he play for and is there an opening band?

I'm just not sure because I'm kind of worried if it will be lacking something since it's not full band. I've heard plenty of Jeff Tweedy solo shows, but I'm not sure what it'd be like to actually be there. Anyone have any insight?

A solo Tweedy show will make you laugh, make you cry, make you sing along to great Tweedy compositions and some awesome covers. If you have the cash, it will be money well spent.

Tweedy solo is amazing!! He plays for at least 2 1/2 hours. I almost prefer seeing him solo instead of with the band. Almost!! He interacts with the audience a ton. He even let a kid come down and play one of his guitars last year.

Guest Speed Racer

I've heard plenty of Jeff Tweedy solo shows, but I'm not sure what it'd be like to actually be there. Anyone have any insight?

It's the same as listening to one except you're there. If you don't like listening to them, you oughtn't go. If you do like listening to them, and would like to listen to one as it happens, you should go.

Guest Jules

It's not really a Wilco-related event. It's a fund raiser for his kids' school. Tweedy's done the Emanuel Congregation benefits too which weren't promoted either (I think).

Red Eye (local paper) indicated today that Saturday is sold out although I'm still pulling up the $150 tickets. I'm expecting Jeff Tweedy to hit the stage shortly after 7:30 with no opening act.

He went on at 740 last night. We got there at 705, walked right up and found 2 seats center in the 5th row of non 150 dollar tickets. PERFECT

"So i'm kind of on the fence about going. I've seen wilco lots of times and always loved it, but I've never seen Tweedy solo. What can I expect? Like how long does he play for and is there an opening band?

I'm just not sure because I'm kind of worried if it will be lacking something since it's not full band. I've heard plenty of Jeff Tweedy solo shows, but I'm not sure what it'd be like to actually be there. Anyone have any insight?"

I've seen Wilco probably less than I've seen Jeff solo now. Living in Chicago surprisingly gives you more chances to see Jeff than the band alone. I actually prefer these shows. The setlists are less predicatable (especially at the charity shows) and there is something so natural and perfect about these songs performed by just a man and an acoustic guitar. It definately gives them a different life which, in a lot of instances, I actually prefer.

Also to whoever was taping...first row third section on the right (unfortunately right in front of Jeff's life coach who wouldn't shut up).

Please let us know where and when you will post/upload the show.

Thanks in advance.

Also to whoever was taping...first row third section on the right (unfortunately right in front of Jeff's life coach who wouldn't shut up).

Please let us know where and when you will post/upload the show.

Thanks in advance.

A-Man posted the Dime link in the In A Future Age forum.

I taped the show as well. I have not had time to finish mastering the tracks. I hope to finish mastering later this week. I hope to upload it early next week. I taped from the first row of the balcony. I'm really happy how it turned out.

I'll keep everyone posted.

Brett