Now Playing: February, 2011

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

41djZiU1tNL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

Their best. Wish Brendan O'Brian would produce like this these days for Bruce Springsteen. I just think this album has a nice warm, immediate sound. Even the Experimental stuff is great. BTW, who's got the brain of JFK?

Their best. Wish Brendan O'Brian would produce like this these days for Bruce Springsteen. I just think this album has a nice warm, immediate sound. Even the Experimental stuff is great. BTW, who's got the brain of JFK?

I'm ashamed to admit that I really only just started getting into this record, plus No Code + Binaural. Basically I stopped listening after Vitalogy, many, many years ago, and recently felt the need to give these a try after reconnecting with an old friend who worships at the altar of PJ. That Vs./Vitalogy box set looks awfully tempting. But yes -- Yield is quite something. Sad I blew it off.

00175114_medium.jpeg

Hey PopTodd, did you see that this came out on Tuesday?

612CoPgTckL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

Only $30 (or am I off base on your possible interest?):

Bonzo link

Awesome!

You are not off-base. I will check it out and see what's included (because I already have several albums.)

Thanks for the heads up!

zomg you totes beat Pfork by almost 2 full days!$! ;)

maybe a bit high of a score but def think it deserves BNM

If I were using the Pitchfork scale, I'd score it around 8.6-8.9. It does deserve a lot of the hype it gets. Time to bet on something else, like Bob Nastanovich.

Zonoscope.jpg

Not bad.

I'm ashamed to admit that I really only just started getting into this record, plus No Code + Binaural. Basically I stopped listening after Vitalogy, many, many years ago, and recently felt the need to give these a try after reconnecting with an old friend who worships at the altar of PJ. That Vs./Vitalogy box set looks awfully tempting. But yes -- Yield is quite something. Sad I blew it off.

i'm not a huge fan. this album just clicked for me.

I really love this album cover. Music any good?

It's the usual Sonic Youth noodling, and it's not out there since it's scored for a soundtrack. I found the music moderately good and entertaining. And yeah, that album cover is beautiful.

Drive_by_truckers_go_go_boots.jpg