Now Playing: February, 2011

wow! Jacques Dutronc is damn damn good. i just ordered his first 2 albums, hearing this on youtube won me over:

I love the diversity of Dutronc's music: garage rock, psych, pop... You can't go wrong with those first 2 records :thumbup

NP:

photo-shot-art-large_1290562888049.jpg

Ride - Nowhere: 20th Anniversary Edition

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've never looked into translations. I like being completely unaware of what the songs are about. My dips into foreign language are limited to this French stuff, some Brazilian music, and Gruff Rhys' Welsh songs, but I like the idea of words sometimes being pure sound with no meaning.

oh, yeah i agree i'm not really interested in that either. it's just that i instantly recognized the melody of flowers in the rain and the bee gees massachusetts, and le martien i assume means the martian so thought it was weird he'd written a new song around the exact same melody.

I love the diversity of Dutronc's music: garage rock, psych, pop... You can't go wrong with those first 2 records :thumbup

from what i've heard they definately sound like they're going to be good. i would have liked to pick up the next 2, but they are a little bit too expensive. the others were only £5 each including postage.