Why is there such disappointment over Wilco(The Album)?

Wow! I almost posted something similar to this. I think the earlier versions had the drum intro and then later on it had the opening guitar strum then drumming.

9-4-03 is also worthy of a download. Soundboard quality. Edit: (I'm sorry. I just realized that Mike posted this above. :stunned It's weird that in two successive years around the same time of year are some of the best sounding soundboards out there. Obviously, 9-2-02 is the other one.)

My external hard drive crashed and I lost a lot of my Wilco shows, but they are still on my iPod. I can't comment on the actual differences in arrangement, until my iPod is done charging. I think my memory serves me correct. Just like I think that that April 27th version is from a NY state college without looking at Wilcobase. I feel like there's a few more shows from that era that are widely circulated that we're both forgetting. I have to check my older iPod for that. :stunned

4-21, 5-01 & 6-30 from 2003 are also worth downloading for quite amazing setlists and killer versions of Not For The Season (Laminated Cat) & the A Ghost Is Born songs.

Edit: That other show is the June 21, 2003 show from the Three Arts Festival in Pittsburgh. I remember that one because they opened with a sensational version of Ashes Of American Flags that had a weird combo of a guitar solo with the noise going. I don't seem to recall any other versions like that at that time. The solo reminded me of Sunken Treasure.

Yeah, there are a few shows from the March 2002 run worth looking into. The 3-13-2002 House of Blues show is a soundboard, but there are a couple of drops in the boot. The 3-19-2002 Bolder show is also really amazing, one of the encores is side one of Being There and it concludes with the first full band Be Not So Fearful into Reservations.

The Pittsburgh show from 2003 was my first Wilco concert, I've always loved that boot. Usually on the YHF tour, Jeff would start Ashes on acoustic and then switch to electric right as the keyboard noise kicked in at the "I'm down on my hands on knees everytime the door bell rings" line. He kept with the acoustic on that song, it was a really interesting arrangement that might have been the last time they played it before Nels joined.

--Mike

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, there are a few shows from the March 2002 run worth looking into. The 3-13-2002 House of Blues show is a soundboard, but there are a couple of drops in the boot. The 3-19-2002 Bolder show is also really amazing, one of the encores is side one of Being There and it concludes with the first full band Be Not So Fearful into Reservations.

The Pittsburgh show from 2003 was my first Wilco concert, I've always loved that boot. Usually on the YHF tour, Jeff would start Ashes on acoustic and then switch to electric right as the keyboard noise kicked in at the "I'm down on my hands on knees everytime the door bell rings" line. He kept with the acoustic on that song, it was a really interesting arrangement that might have been the last time they played it before Nels joined.

--Mike

Mine too - as I have said too many times on here.

I was the source for getting that show out to the public. I didn't even know what the heck I was doing then.

Mine too - as I have said too many times on here.

I was the source for getting that show out to the public. I didn't even know what the heck I was doing then.

:wave

It wasn't my first, but man, that was a good show.

Even if we didn't meet you until the next year!

Edit: That other show is the June 21, 2003 show from the Three Arts Festival in Pittsburgh. I remember that one because they opened with a sensational version of Ashes Of American Flags that had a weird combo of a guitar solo with the noise going. I don't seem to recall any other versions like that at that time. The solo reminded me of Sunken Treasure.

This is a killer show/boot. This version of Ashes is really brilliant. I love the newer versions, but this particular one with the crazy acoustic solo/noise thing is just awesome.

The older version of Muzzle of Bees on this recording is pretty great as well.

I just listened to the June 21, 2003 show based upon the recommendations. Fantastic. Really captured them at a great time. Love the version of Spiders. I really love the acoustic work by JT on Via Chicago and Misunderstood.

Couple of questions:

1). What was the lineup for that show? Leroy? Mikael? Nels?

2). Jeff says "This is my mid-life crisis guitar" Anyone know if he is he referring to the blue SG?

I just listened to the June 21, 2003 show based upon the recommendations. Fantastic. Really captured them at a great time. Love the version of Spiders. I really love the acoustic work by JT on Via Chicago and Misunderstood.

Couple of questions:

1). What was the lineup for that show? Leroy? Mikael? Nels?

2). Jeff says "This is my mid-life crisis guitar" Anyone know if he is he referring to the blue SG?

2003: Leroy and Mikael

The guitar he was talking about was a Flying V. He used it for Kicking Television - if I recall correctly.

I'm curious to know what site you upped the show at? Did you tape it?

No Bit Torrent then, or if it was around, I didn't know anything about it.

I didn't even know how to copy cdrs properly.

The story is that I knew someone at that show who knew one of the tapers.

On the Monday after the show, he appeared at my workplace with the cdrs of the show. I had no idea what the deal was. I had never messed with trading shows. I knew a little bit about people having Grateful Dead shows on tape, that was about it.

I talked to someone on here who taught me what to do - and then the show got passed around.

So not only was that my first Wilco show, it was also my first live show trading experience. And now I have over 100 DVDs full of Wilco/Jeff Tweedy/Uncle Tupelo shows.

I think there are actually two sources for that show out there now.

The 3-19-2002 Bolder show is also really amazing, one of the encores is side one of Being There and it concludes with the first full band Be Not So Fearful into Reservations.

--Mike

I love this show. This version of "She's A Jar' is one of my favorites.

This is a killer show/boot. This version of Ashes is really brilliant. I love the newer versions, but this particular one with the crazy acoustic solo/noise thing is just awesome.

Exactly. The newer versions are great but if I had to choose, I think I'd go with this one.