• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have not forgotten Smile, but since it was not officially released as intended until decades later, it was not reissued over and over again.  So even taking that into account that's two. 

Not starting the usual argument again.  I hope.

This came to mind again last night as I was sorting records for the CHIRP record fair (y'all come out in Chicago and buy records on April 9 at Plumbers Hall) and we got some used copies of Beach Boy albums (beat but originals) and I again thought about all those early albums that we NEVER talk about here, EVER.  I mean who wants a deluxe remastered version of Little Deuce Coupe and the rest.  Many of the albums both before and after Pet Sounds you can barely give away. 

LouieB

I know YOU do....since we had this convo about 5 or more years ago, but I am going to guess there is not a single person on this board that has any interest in hardly any other albums but Pet Sounds, Smile and maybe Sunflowers.  There may be a partisan or two for one of the live albums or maybe one of the other greatest hits packages,  I own a bunch of the early albums used,

LouieB

Count me among those that care about the other records. All of the records before '72 (Surf's Up and earlier) get plenty of play in the house.

I know YOU do....since we had this convo about 5 or more years ago, but I am going to guess there is not a single person on this board that has any interest in hardly any other albums but Pet Sounds, Smile and maybe Sunflowers.  There may be a partisan or two for one of the live albums or maybe one of the other greatest hits packages,  I own a bunch of the early albums used,

LouieB

You are right.