• Replies 546
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He was an extremely minority owner. He just helped put the group together and was named CEO.

Yeah, I just read that on an update of the story. I figured since he was managing partner, he was the big guy. My bust.

Nolan Ryan is now President and CEO.

I've been following this story for a week. It's a shame and a miracle at once.

Braves minor league manager has his left eye surgically removed as a result of getting hit by a line-drive foul ball.

I remember Luis Salazar, came up with the Cubs and played for the '84 Padres. Decent utilty player with a little pop.

• 2 weeks later...

Tigers @ Yankees in 13 and a half hours!

Prediction time:

Red Sox

Yankees

Rays

Blue Jays

Orioles

Tigers

White Sox

Twins

Royals

Indians

Rangers

A's

Angels

Mariners

Phillies

Braves

Nationals

Marlins

Mets

Brewers

Reds

Cardinals

Cubs

Pirates

Astros

Giants

Padres

Rockies

Diamondbacks

Dodgers

Red Sox over Tigers

Rangers over Yankees

Red Sox over Rangers

Phillies over Reds

Brewers over Giants

Phillies over Brewers

Red Sox over Phillies

AL MVP: Miguel Cabera

AL Cy Young: Jon Lester

NL MVP: Prince Fielder

NL Cy Young: Josh Johnson

Red Sox

Yankees

Blue Jays

Rays

Orioles

White Sox

Twins

Tigers

Indians

Royals

A's

Rangers

Angels

Mariners

Phillies

Braves

Nationals

Marlins

Mets

Brewers

Reds

Cubs

Cardinals

Pirates

Astros

Padres

Giants

Dodgers

Diamondbacks

Rockies

White Sox over Red Sox in ALCS

Phillies over Padres in NLCS

Phillies over White Sox in WS

I see no point in picking MVPs or Cy Youngs before the season starts, so I won't.

After a magical season, it feels like the Rangers are right back where they usually are. Incredible lineup, big questions in the rotation and in the bullpen.

I would have liked to see them stick Feliz in the rotation, but I do have confidence in Derek Holland becoming a solid #3. Tommy Hunter is starting the season on the DL, but the way he tailed off after the All-Star Break has me wondering if he won't eventually be moved to the bullpen anyway.

Best case scenario has Brandon Webb ready to go in June, but I'm not overly optimistic. Having Feliz in the bullpen does help anchor that part of the staff, but if the plan is to try out Ogando in the rotation, there is no real setup man, unless the really bad Springs from most of these veteran relievers are aberrations.

It feels strange to actually have expectations in April.

Snow greets Sox, Guillen: 'Very stupid to play in Cleveland' (Trib. Link)

I thought the NBA line was a bit funny. The Yankee/Tiger game looks pretty brutal, too.

"Very stupid to play in Cleveland right now," Sox manager Ozzie Guillen said. "Nothing against Cleveland. We expect that. When you play in Cleveland on opening day ... a couple of years ago they canceled like 30 games here. (But) we are here, and we have to play through snow.

"A lot of players, they have to be prepared mentally to play in cold weather. That’s no excuse. You want to play in nice weather? Sign with the NBA, you play indoors and you are fine.

"You play baseball, you will play in rain, snow, (heat) and (humidity). Don’t make that as an excuse. I don’t expect my players making any excuses or complaining about it. That’s a no-no for us. We know it’s cold. We all know that. That’s two teams out there battling.

Buehrle, who will start his ninth opening day, also was baffled by starting the season in snowy Cleveland.

"That’s why I don’t understand why teams don’t start in domes or on the West Coast for the first couple of weeks," Buehrle said. "We’ll just have to deal with it and hopefully they can clean it off and be ready to go."

"

I think the Rangers felt they had something to prove this weekend. The defending American League Champions were supposed underdogs in their own house?

Plus...cold beer at a reasonable price!

Rangers fans benefit from one of the lowest beer prices in majors

Published 02 April 2011 02:45 PM

Rangers fans have a lot to look forward to these days. Besides having a team that won the American League pennant last season, fans can also boast of having some of the cheapest beer prices in Major League Baseball.

As CNBC's Darren Rovell noted in a recent article , only the Arizona Diamondbacks (28.6 cents an oz.) have a cheaper beer price than the Rangers. With all of the recent upgrades to the stadium over the offseason, beer prices remained the same.

It's just another reason why Rangers fans are enjoying their time at the ballpark more than ever these days

That was about as satisfying as an opening series can get.

It was certainly a pleasurable weekend. After decades of putting up with Detroit, New York and Boston fans outnumbering the fans of the Rangers in OUR OWN PARK, it was certainly a nice show.

Just think what this lineup will look like when Hamilton and Young start hitting. The Rangers scored 26 runs in a weekend series with practically nothing from Hamilton and Young.

MLB Network is showing off their Extra Innings package this week.

Check your local listings. It's pretty much every game via each team's broadcast network.

You can see every game today, if your cable company carries MLB Network.