• Replies 546
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hear ya - terrible year thus far.

Forgetting the no-hitter, is Ozzie's job literally on the line this season? And I don't mean with the fans and media. Williams spent a lot of coin this past offseason signing and re-signing players. I like Ozzie, but every manager gets canned at some point.

I love Ozzie, but if he gets fired this year, that will be perfectly OK with me.

That said, the Sox will likely awaken from their slumber at some point. The question is whether that will happen early enough in the season for them to get into the race.

I like Ozzie, too. His "act" does get old at times, but I think he is great manager. I don't think he will be fired during this year. The team has to turn it around at some point, right?????

I would think that both Ozzie and KW's jobs are on the line. Ozzie is Kenny's second managerial hire and generally GMs only get two. Reinsdorf is intensely loyal, though.

With that said, I think you mostly have to chalk it up to bad luck at this point. Dunn has been one of the most consistent hitters in baseball for most of his career (.240 BA, .380 OBP, lots of homeruns). Surely Alex Rios will be better. The only key position players who might just be done would be Juan Pierre and AJP. Who knows what is going on with Beckham. He had a horrible start last year and OPSed .877 in the second half.

Bartolo Colon had his own fat and bone marrow stem cells injected into his elbow and shoulder to help repair ligament damage and a torn rotator cuff.

Looking at his physique on his outing in Arlington, looks like he had a lot of the former to spare. All kidding aside, it is a really good comeback story.

If this surgery becomes popular, maybe it'll pick up his name as a nickname the way another surgery is nicknamed for Tommy John.

"Colon surgery."

Uh, never mind.

So wait...when did the world discover that he has an s on the end of his first name? I missed that. Alexei Ramirez's name is pronounced "Alissay," but no announcers seem to call him that.

Also, tough break for a guy who is still in arbitration and hasn't receive a big pay day (relatively speaking) yet.

Not sure I'd call it foolishness as much as unlucky. Doing the big leap onto home plate after a walk-off homer is pretty much rote and expected these days as the entire team waits for the celeb of the game to come home. Bummer for him, though.

It's not like Kevin Brown punching the clubhouse wall and breaking his hand or Gus Ferrotte head-butting the wall in celebration and picking up an injury....

So wait...when did the world discover that he has an s on the end of his first name? I missed that. Alexei Ramirez's name is pronounced "Alissay," but no announcers seem to call him that.

The Angels never spelled his name right when they signed him and his name never had an "S" on his contract and he was too nice of a guy to tell them.

Then this season he reinstated the "S".

Happy Ending?! :ninja

Harmon Killebrew enters hospice care

This fills me with great sadness. When Kirby died, I bawled. Didn't bawl for this, but did get teary and do every time I think about it.

Me, too. I was first introduced to Mr. Killebrew by way of Jim Bouton's "Ball Four" - the Fat "Kid"........

Then I read the back of his baseball card.....amazing. and a true gentleman whose performance (non enhanced) and demeanor are a rare thing in todays sporting world.