• Replies 546
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dykstra was also arrested in April for stealing and selling items from his bankruptcy estate, bailed out by Charlie Sheen, and then re-arrested in May on an amended indictment.

Dykstra has ripped off a whole lot of people, including his own mother.

Lenny Dykstra really needs to be put away for decades. He clearly isn't going to stop scamming people.

P.S. "Nails" was also wink, wink, nudge, nudge about his steroid use while he was still playing. I still don't know why MLB and the press didn't come down on him for it, especially with the gambling issues he had.

Dykstra had a lot of people convinced that he was a financial guru several years ago.

Yeah 60 Minutes did a piece on him I remember being intrigued by. He had made millions supposedly studying financial gurus (mostly on video tapes) for one year. He really came off as a lovable loser who made a fortune. Looks like another case of "too good to be true."

Also: they found HGHs in his place? Good lord.

Dykstra was also arrested in April for stealing and selling items from his bankruptcy estate, bailed out by Charlie Sheen, and then re-arrested in May on an amended indictment.

Dykstra has ripped off a whole lot of people, including his own mother.

Lenny Dykstra really needs to be put away for decades. He clearly isn't going to stop scamming people.

P.S. "Nails" was also wink, wink, nudge, nudge about his steroid use while he was still playing. I still don't know why MLB and the press didn't come down on him for it, especially with the gambling issues he had.

thanks for that link. Looks like it's crumbling down on him. Screwing family members is pretty low.

Can the cubs be any less entertaining? Horrible hitting and pitching.

Years away from anything. Cashner still out and wells getting shelled.

Was this lineup the plan and if so what is the plan?

White Sox’ Mark Buehrle says he may have a few more years left (Sun-Times)

Hopefully he sticks with the White Sox, too. One of my all time favorite players.

Great quote:

“The velocity probably dropped a little bit,’’ Buehrle said, adding with his dry sense of humor: “I got off the steroids and went down from 86 to 84, 85.

The A's fired Bob Geren today. Bob Melvin is the interim for the remainder of the season.

As a Mariners fan...God help you if you're an A's fan and Melvin is your team's long-term solution.

I don't think the Marlins are going to stick with their plan on giving Edwin Rodriguez a full season to manage the team. They haven't won a game in a week and are suddenly in last place. Even with Josh Johnson on the DL, they still should be better the Mets and the Nats.

Can the cubs be any less entertaining? Horrible hitting and pitching.

Years away from anything. Cashner still out and wells getting shelled.

Was this lineup the plan and if so what is the plan?

I don't know, the last 5 games were pretty entertaining. Taking 3 of 4 against a first place team. Pounding the Bronx Bombers? Castro might be one of the best young players right now.

Yes they are years away from anything, but as soon as they start shedding some of their bad contracts it will turn around.

This line up was not the plan, out of the starting day line up over a third has spent significant time on the DL (Byrd, Soto, Soriano, Barney) and their pitching staff has been similarly decimated. While I am not making excuses, but to ask "Was this lineup the plan..." is just stupid.

Unfortunately Quade is not the manager we thought he was at the end of last year. The cubs are making too many errors and not hitting in clutch situations.

Oh well.

I don't think the Marlins are going to stick with their plan on giving Edwin Rodriguez a full season to manage the team. They haven't won a game in a week and are suddenly in last place. Even with Josh Johnson on the DL, they still should be better the Mets and the Nats.

Edwin Rodriguez resigned today. It was probably a negotiated resignation. It's hard to argue to keep your job when your team is 1-for-June and it's damn near July already.

The Ozzie-to-Miami rumors will be flying again.

Adam Dunn so far:

67 games

40 hits

7 home runs

29 RBI

42 walks

100 strike outs

.173 BA

.308 OBP (.377 lifetime)

.316 SLG (.512 lifetime)

73 total bases

0 intentional walks

.126 at home

.019 (1-53) against left-handed pitching

.091 with a full count (his most common count) with 23 BB & 29 SO

.145 with RISP

.075 against power pitchers (0 HR & 3 RBI)

.245 against finesse pitching (6 HR & 21 RBI)

.081 in interleague play

.190 & .309 OBP batting third (139 PA & 17 RBI)

.132 & .234 OBP batting fifth (77 PA & 4 RBI)

.242 & .432 OBP batting seventh (44 PA & 6 RBI)

Hitting well over .300 against the Angels and Indians, but well below average everywhere else.

$12MM this year

$44MM over the next three years

Looks like The Big Donkey would be better suited to bat 7th in Anaheim, where they can afford such a "luxury player."

The talk about how the weather in Texas affects the teams, but I have never seen an umpire crew literally melt down like the crew that worked the Mets series this weekend. And it wasn't even really THAT hot.