Radiohead - The King of Limbs

TKOLPackshot.jpg

Radiohead's new record, The King Of Limbs, is presented here as the world's first* Newspaper Album, comprising:

• Two clear 10" vinyl records in a purpose-built record sleeve.
  • A compact disc.
  • Many large sheets of artwork, 625 tiny pieces of artwork and a full-colour piece of oxo-degradeable plastic to hold it all together.
  • The Newspaper Album comes with a digital download that is compatible with all good digital media players.
  • The Newspaper Album will be shipped on Monday 9th May 2011 you can, however, enjoy the download on Saturday 19th February 2011.
  • Shipping is included in the prices shown.
  • One lucky owner of the digital version of The King Of Limbs, purchased from this website, will receive a signed 2 track 12" vinyl.
  • *perhaps

download will be available this coming Saturday, February 19th:

http://www.thekingoflimbs.com/

sleepy.gif

dancing_geek.gif

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like how they've been going about releasing their music, but $14 for a WAV? You should be able to get a CD with artwork for this price.

Man, you can't do this to me. You can't tell me one of the best bands ever is releasing an album in 6 days. I need more time to prepare.

don't worry, it's not 6 days.

it's 5 days!!

yup, saturday minus monday = 5.

but seriously. this is amazing news. and my birthday is 3 days!

Man, you can't do this to me. You can't tell me one of the best bands ever is releasing an album in 6 days. I need more time to prepare.

how about it?

like going to bed on july 14th and waking up on christmas eve!!!

if this is the new music model, i kinda like it

$14 complaint....really??

I like the album art a whole lot more without that awful font...

I have absolutely no clue as to what it will sound like and that's really exciting. I hope Wilco will drop their next one in a similar way, it's much more fun.

Also, apparently it's only going to be 8 tracks.

Not too sure on this. These guys haven't made a good album since Kid A.

:realmad In Rainbows is a remarkable collection of songs, some of their best work in my humble opinion.

(noting that I also thought SBS was a remarkable album...)

Also, apparently it's only going to be 8 tracks.

I have heard this too, but I've also heard it's just a rumor so not sure what to believe. Apparently they don't want the tracklisting out until the album comes out. I am quite excited for it, I really really liked In Rainbows a lot, I know some people didn't dig it, but I thought it was good mix of a lot of the things I like about Radiohead's sound.

--Mike

For the Newspaper Album it says it comes with 2-LPs and 1-CD. If that's the case, the "WAV" option at 5$ more than the MP3 version seems unnecessary. I don't want MP3s, but if I'm getting a CD I can generate my own WAVs so I might as well save the $5.

edit: Just realized the delay in the release date, so I guess the WAV option makes sense.

Yes, the difference between MP3 and WAV price surprised me, too.

What quantifies the difference of a non-physical object with no resale value?

Because a bigger file taxes their servers a little longer?

It's rare to see a normal CD (physical with resale value) at $14. I would think it would at least be on sale at $9.99 or $7.99 when (if?) it is released in stores.