Middle Brother Album Streaming

http://www.spinner.com/new-releases#/3

Release date is tomorrow. I'm really digging it. For those who don't know, the band consists of Taylor Goldsmith (Dawes), John McCauley (Deer Tick) and Matt Vasquez (Delta Spirit).

Tour starts Wednesday. Check em out if you can. Had to push my vaca back a day to catch them in NYC.

Wed 03/02/11 Washington, DC 9:30 Club

Thu 03/03/11 Boston, MA Paradise Rock Club

Fri 03/04/11 Providence, RI Lupo's Heartbreak Hotel

Sat 03/05/11 Brooklyn, NY Music Hall Of Williamsburg

Sun 03/06/11 New York, NY Bowery Ballroom

Wed 03/09/11 Philadelphia Theatre Of The Living Arts

Thu 03/10/11 Rochester, NY Water Street Music Hall / Club @ Water Street

Fri 03/11/11 Toronto, ON Opera House Concert Venue

Sat 03/12/11 Chicago, IL Metro / Smart Bar

Sun 03/13/11 Madison, WI Majestic Theatre

Mon 03/14/11 Minneapolis, MN First Avenue

Tue 03/15/11 Lawrence, KS Granada Theatre

Thu 03/17/11 Dallas, TX Club Dada

Yes, I've posted my very brief and initial feelings in the Now Playing thread. Three of my favorite artists in a supergroup nobody has heard of. I never would have linked these bands from listening to them individually but I'm glad that they hooked up. After 4 or 5 listens I'm really liking the album as a whole. The Replacements cover is solid and fits in well with the sound of the album. I'd like to check them out on this tour but doesn't look like it's in the cards for me. Delta Spirit and Deer Tick are very solid live...haven't seen Dawes. Would love to see these guys together.

Yes, I've posted my very brief and initial feelings in the Now Playing thread. Three of my favorite artists in a supergroup nobody has heard of. I never would have linked these bands from listening to them individually but I'm glad that they hooked up. After 4 or 5 listens I'm really liking the album as a whole. The Replacements cover is solid and fits in well with the sound of the album. I'd like to check them out on this tour but doesn't look like it's in the cards for me. Delta Spirit and Deer Tick are very solid live...haven't seen Dawes. Would love to see these guys together.

as great as Delta Spirit are live, i like Dawes live more... they're my favorite newer live band and i've been lucky to have seen 'em 6-7x in the last 18 months and they only keep getting better.

as great as Delta Spirit are live, i like Dawes live more... they're my favorite newer live band and i've been lucky to have seen 'em 6-7x in the last 18 months and they only keep getting better.

Wow, that's great to hear! Sunday will be my first time seeing any of them.

Btw, I can't remember ever listening to a song as much as I've listened to When My Time Comes. Just a perfect tune.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Love these guys. Was funny hearing them talk about being a not-supergroup ("we're super-buds") because each of their respective bands aren't really established enough to call it that. Thanks for the link.

Never heard of these guys, but I'm listening to the link on NPR, and holy shit they sound like Golden Smog on "Blue Eyes." Pretty good! Thanks for posting.

If you like that, then watch this one, especially from 2:55 to the end.

The lead singer on both of those is Matt from Delta Spirit. If you haven't checked out Delta Spirit, they are outstanding.

If you like that, then watch this one, especially from 2:55 to the end.

The lead singer on both of those is Matt from Delta Spirit. If you haven't checked out Delta Spirit, they are outstanding.

damn that's good. i'm thinking this decade might be pretty good if these dudes are putting out records. just plain good song writing. :cheers

damn that's good. i'm thinking this decade might be pretty good if these dudes are putting out records. just plain good song writing. :cheers

I had the exact same thought. Dawes and Delta Spirit are where it's at for me right now. Those two are just great songwriters and seem like very humble and likable guys as well. It just feels like the future of music watching that clip.