I'm super excited to be seeing Sufjan Stevens this evening. I was shut out of the presale, and had no luck during the regular on sale. I had accepted the fact that I wouldn't be going, but continued to check Ticketmaster once or twice a day. A week or two ago I logged in and pulled 6th row center. Sort of can't believe it! I'm in love with his new record, and can't wait to hear those songs live!

Nice!  I'll be there too - but I'm in the 12th row. 

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice!  I'll be there too - but I'm in the 12th row. 

Cool! I'm wearing an orange button-up shirt, and will be with my girlfriend. Both in our late twenties. Come say hi if you feel like it!

I'm super excited to be seeing Sufjan Stevens this evening. I was shut out of the presale, and had no luck during the regular on sale. I had accepted the fact that I wouldn't be going, but continued to check Ticketmaster once or twice a day. A week or two ago I logged in and pulled 6th row center. Sort of can't believe it! I'm in love with his new record, and can't wait to hear those songs live!

The same exact thing happened to me for the New Orleans show this Saturday. I got fifth row (left of stage, but I think my seats are close to the aisle in the center). Very much looking forward to this show.

Cool! I'm wearing an orange button-up shirt, and will be with my girlfriend. Both in our late twenties. Come say hi if you feel like it!

I'll keep an eye out.  I'll be coming right from work so "business casual," with my wife and two dudes, all in our late-ish forties.  

You should wear an orange button-up (is that the same as  a "button-down" ?!) shirt, too. In fact, anyone else reading this that's going should also wear an orange button-up shirt.

Because I love my wife and my wife loves cheesy country music -- especially of the variety featured on prime time soap operas, tonight I am going to see members of the cast of the show Nashville.  I will not be wearing an orange button-up or an orange button-down.  I will be wearing a fake mustache, wig and sunglasses so as not to be recognized and will be checking the scores of the Blackhawks and White Sox games at every opportunity.   

Last time I saw Sufjan he was wearing more than wings. This is his "Christmas Unicorn" outfit: 

knotgreen - what did you think?  I thought it was really great - as did six of the eight people I was with.  But one found it too depressing (and he's had some recent personal loss so that's understandable) and the other thought Sufjan was so pretentious and full of himself that my friend said he was tempted to leave. 

knotgreen - what did you think?  I thought it was really great - as did six of the eight people I was with.  But one found it too depressing (and he's had some recent personal loss so that's understandable) and the other thought Sufjan was so pretentious and full of himself that my friend said he was tempted to leave. 

honestly, it was one of the most moving shows i've ever been to. i understand both of the negative remarks that your friends had: yes, the show was bound to be a tad depressing, but if you're at all familiar with his new record you'd expect as much. as for the pretension... couldn't that be said of any act that takes itself seriously? maybe your friend was referring to the one time that sufjan really addressed the crowd? i found it endearing & it helped put some of his lyrics into perspective.

the big take away for me was just how well the band adapted those new songs. songs that are totally bare bones on the record were transformed into something atmospheric and grand, all the while maintaining their delicacy. it was really a special thing to experience. his voice sounded great, and i loved the few songs he played with just dawn on vocals. their voices worked really, really well together. i was also impressed by how responsive and respectful the crowd was.

i'm just so in love with 'carrie & lowell' & am thrilled i got to see that show. 

the big take away for me was just how well the band adapted those new songs. songs that are totally bare bones on the record were transformed into something atmospheric and grand, all the while maintaining their delicacy. it was really a special thing to experience. his voice sounded great, and i loved the few songs he played with just dawn on vocals. their voices worked really, really well together. i was also impressed by how responsive and respectful the crowd was.

i'm just so in love with 'carrie & lowell' & am thrilled i got to see that show. 

I'm with you and felt the same way.  I wasn't sitting right next to my grumpy friend so when we were walking out and he said he didn't think it was that great I thought he was kidding. 

About 100 people in attendance at The Baseball Project on Wednesday night. The band members hung out for a good 45 minutes, at least, after the show. As you know, so incredibly down-to-earth. And you can see they have a grand time playing these songs on stage.

In conversation, each one mentioned that they will be playing the Grandstand Theater at the HOF (the Baseball HOF, that is) next week. You could tell it was a treat for them to do something like that.

Steve Wynn said that The Dream Syndicate will be touring the east coast in the fall.

About 100 people in attendance at The Baseball Project on Wednesday night. The band members hung out for a good 45 minutes, at least, after the show. As you know, so incredibly down-to-earth. And you can see they have a grand time playing these songs on stage.

In conversation, each one mentioned that they will be playing the Grandstand Theater at the HOF (the Baseball HOF, that is) next week. You could tell it was a treat for them to do something like that.

Steve Wynn said that The Dream Syndicate will be touring the east coast in the fall.

Oh that's great! :)

Sufjan Stevens at the Saenger Theatre in New Orleans. I'm pretty excited given the reviews of some of his recent shows.

Saw Noel Gallagher's band tonight via a free ticket from a friend. Surprisingly fantastic. Such a better singer than his twat brother.

Saw Noel Gallagher's band tonight via a free ticket from a friend. Surprisingly fantastic. Such a better singer than his twat brother.

Noel is way more talented than his brother, but I have always liked Liams voice better.

Forgot to post this yesterday but I saw Robbie Fulks at a house concert last night. He was with a trio consisting of another guitar player and stand up bass. They were excellent!