• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

no, but Beck's rather particular about photos i think (none of the press shooters could shoot his Newport Folk show from the pit, only production). and his PR firm (Nasty Little Man) is well known for artists having difficult releases (Foo Fighters, Jack White, etc).

no, but Beck's rather particular about photos i think (none of the press shooters could shoot his Newport Folk show from the pit, only production). and his PR firm (Nasty Little Man) is well known for artists having difficult releases (Foo Fighters, Jack White, etc).

Tell 'em you're a scientologist.

Tell 'em you're a scientologist.

bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!  

best laugh of the day!

Sharon Van Etten, Tame Impala and Beck.

Me too!

How was SVE? I adore her, but I really, really hate Boston Calling. The venue/ crowd is a real deal breaker for me. 

I really, really hate Boston Calling. The venue/ crowd is a real deal breaker for me.

I've never been but it looks to me like it has to be the worst place ever to hold an all day and night music festival. My office is in a tower next door, and to look out on that plaza of concrete and brick makes me wonder how people can spend all that time standing on their feet there. I won't do it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

do other festivals have reclining chairs?

it's not that horrible, and you can find a bench or step to sit on if gravity is becoming too much.

despite the fact that a giant concrete monolith is a few hundred feet from the stage, the sound is actually pretty good (though the wind fucked around w/ it this weekend so far).

SVE's set was good, Tame Impala a let down, Beck very good.

yesterday the 1st 5-6 bands sucked aside from RTJ, and St Vincent was amazing. Harper was decent, and MMJ was good but played too much of the new one for me.

yeah i will be there again. btw, here's my full review of day 1:
http://bigtakeover.com/concerts/boston-calling-spring-2015-day-1-with-beck-tame-impala-sharon-van-etten-boston-city-plaza-friday-may-22-2015

yesterday's bands did nothing for me until St Vincent got on (thought Run The Jewels was pretty good, all their songs sounded the same) but at least they made for arresting photography subjects. 

i am in love with Annie Clark, however. good goddamn can she shred and look amazing while doing it.

FuYMRD0.jpg

^^^  Jealous.  That should be great..   I'm going to see John Mulaney tonight with one eye on the Blackhawks score.

^^^  Jealous.  That should be great..   I'm going to see John Mulaney tonight with one eye on the Blackhawks score.

Courtney Barnett was great. Beautiful sloppiness at the end. Would have gone to Mulaney if I was in Chicago Saturday (went to the UHF screening with Weird Al Wed which was great). How was JM?

^^^ JM was hilarious -- new material.  My wife works with and is friends with his mother which made it even more fun since he references his parents frequently.  And the Hawks won!