• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Grateful Dead - 'Fare Thee Well'...on cinema: 4 hours, don't know what they´ll project, maybe the final show or a best moments comp of the 3-day run. I bet there will be at most about 10 persons in the theatre, mine is a not a deadheadish country despite Jer ancestry.

^^^ Wow.  Should be great.  Have fun.  I caught Johnny's other band, The Waco Brothers, last week at Fitzgerald's.  Great show.

Jenny Lewis and Wilco.

Kinda hoping B-Bop is making the trek to Des Moines. Or someone else who would keep track of a setlist. It's always nice to save those for posterity, but I don't think I will be the guy to do it. I guess they post most setlists up on their Facebook page.

How was the show?

Sorry - been away for a bit.  The Buffalo Tom show was great.  They played Let Me Come Over all the way through and then a bunch of other stuff.  It was nice to see some of the songs from that album that I hadn't seen in a long time (if ever). 

Saw the Mekons on Friday and Saturday nights.  Great both times, although nearly the same set list both times.

LouieB

Catching them this FRI in Harrisburg. Cannot wait. $15.

Caught John Prine/Avett Bros at Red Rocks last night. Both sounded great. Hadn't seen Prine since Telluride Blugrass Fest in 2000 or so and he's still got "it." The AB's sounded as good as I've heard them before and, although they haven't really "raged" on tunes like in their earlier days, they still can rock a crowd/tune.

While Prine was doing his set I turned to a couple chicks near me and mentioned that it was a little strange seeing a legend like John Prine (and Bod Weir/Ratdog the previous year) opening for The Avett Brothers. About 2-3 tunes into The Avett's set the mentioned something pretty similar, as well as a few lines from "Friend of the Devil" slipped into one song and a shout out /"Thank you" to the Grateful Dead after the song ended.