• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just saw Water Liars at the Ogden Museum of Southern Art in NOLA. Left with two of their CDs and will definitely catch them the next time they're down this way.

Full disclosure: I passed on Mekons last night to stream Wilco at Pitchfork. New albums out of the blue and performed live 24 hours later forced me to audible....

Tonight:  X!!!!!!

Who was playing guitar? I assume with his recent cancer news it wasn't Billy Zoom.

Jesse Dayton filled in admirably - I'd never heard of him, but he definitely had the punkabilly chops down.

John Doe played  and sang ferociously, Exene acted like she wasn't all there, but her vocals sure were.  They sounded amazing!

Yep. I knew he was a music fan, but was pleasantly surprised to s ee him. My buddy and I chatted him up for a while. Then Robbie joined the conversation. Quite a night.

ha that is random..I had a sorta similar Cheers person run in. Saw REM at MSG in 2004?? and Woodey Harrelson was sitting infront of me...smoking smoking smoking and having a great time...

Yep. I knew he was a music fan, but was pleasantly surprised to s ee him. My buddy and I chatted him up for a while. Then Robbie joined the conversation. Quite a night.

Didn't realize you were visiting the Chicago area - at least I didn't think you lived up here --- Only made it to one of Fulks' Monday's shows - I know Louie and bbop has been to plenty. Hideout is a great venue.

That night I saw Fulks, his theme was “Bitter Ex-Beatle Band Night” - - he performs songs like "How do you Sleep" and various solo 'bitter' Beatle songs - it was a fun night.

Didn't realize you were visiting the Chicago area - at least I didn't think you lived up here --- Only made it to one of Fulks' Monday's shows - I know Louie and bbop has been to plenty. Hideout is a great venue.

That night I saw Fulks, his theme was “Bitter Ex-Beatle Band Night” - - he performs songs like "How do you Sleep" and various solo 'bitter' Beatle songs - it was a fun night.

I am in town for a conference. Went with a local buddy. I determined a while ago that next time I was in Chicago on a Monday night to hit Fulks at the Hideout. Highly recommend that anyone else do the same.

Jason Isbell & Blake Mills.

I was there tonight at College St. Music Hall in New Haven. First time seeing Isbell and I was absolutely blown away. This guy writes flat-out amazing songs and the band is as tight of an outfit as I've ever seen. Just an incredible performance, and only $25! I haven't been that impressed seeing a live act for the first time since the first time I saw Wilco.

I was there tonight at College St. Music Hall in New Haven. First time seeing Isbell and I was absolutely blown away. This guy writes flat-out amazing songs and the band is as tight of an outfit as I've ever seen. Just an incredible performance, and only $25! I haven't been that impressed seeing a live act for the first time since the first time I saw Wilco.

It was an amazing show, wasn't it? Such a powerful voice. I was almost dead center on the rail.

It was an amazing show, wasn't it? Such a powerful voice. I was almost dead center on the rail.

Yes! I was right in front of the other guitar player just behind the people on the rail. What really impressed me was the sheer number of high-quality tunes he strung together. There was no let-up in the set at all - just one great song after another. The craftsmanship just shines right through and that band is honed to a razor sharp edge. They just kill everything they play. The guitar tones are so incredible, the dynamics of the arrangements are perfect. I'm blown away by how blown away I was!

One of the reasons I went last night is because I'm going to Newport on Saturday and seeing Isbell freed me up to see Courtney Barnett since their sets almost completely overlap. After last night it's killing me that I'm going to have to miss him at all, eventhough I'm dying to see Barnett!

One of the reasons I went last night is because I'm going to Newport on Saturday and seeing Isbell freed me up to see Courtney Barnett since their sets almost completely overlap. After last night it's killing me that I'm going to have to miss him at all, eventhough I'm dying to see Barnett!

Pretty sure CB3 will rock your face. You will be all set!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk