• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wilco!   Pretty excited to see them.  I skipped the Americanarama and Whole Love tours because I've had a run of bad luck with Atlanta Wilco audiences.  I got front row balcony seats for this one, on the end of a row so hopefully the fact that I'll only have people behind me and beside me on only one side will mean the crowd is going to be 50% less obnoxious.

@jff

How was the show? I sat this one out. It would've been cool seeing the band close up as opposed to theater or arena venues. I'm surprised they played the Tabernacle. They played Cobb Energy 2 nights for TWL tour.

Dave Rawlings Machine last night. This plus Gillian Welch last week has been one of the musical high points of my life. The morning after and I am elated every time I think about it.

Dave Rawlings Machine last night. This plus Gillian Welch last week has been one of the musical high points of my life. The morning after and I am elated every time I think about it.

That's how I felt after seeing them (once as "Gillian Welch" and once as "Dave Rawlings Machine".)  I see a LOT of shows, and don't keep many souvenirs, but I kept the wristband from the first time I saw them. Just magical.  Glad you enjoyed them too!

Speaking of a lot of shows:

Yesterday (2/17) - El Ten Eleven @ Space

Today (2/18) - Noam Pikelny (of Punch Brothers) w/ Kristen Andreasen @ Space

2/20 - Jason Isbell and Shovels & Rope @ Chicago Theater

2/21 - Anderson East and Andrew Combs @ Space

2/26 - Deanna Devore @ Unommon Ground

2/27 - Cactus Blossoms @ the Hideout

WEEN (if the plan sticks)

Hey!  Any idea on anyone with an extra ticket?  I tried like crazy to get tix for any of the Terminal 5 shows but no go.  The f-ing scalpers had a ton of them on sale for $110  and up immediately.

Kurt Vile at the College Street Music Hall last night - great!  Can't understand most of what he sings, but the music is great.  Xylorous White opened and was worth getting there early for.  A duo - drums and bouzouki - very Greek/Middle Eastern trance kind of stuff and some all out jams.  

Hey!  Any idea on anyone with an extra ticket?  I tried like crazy to get tix for any of the Terminal 5 shows but no go.  The f-ing scalpers had a ton of them on sale for $110  and up immediately.

My advice is to join cashortrade,org (free) and keep a keen eye out....

That's how I felt after seeing them (once as "Gillian Welch" and once as "Dave Rawlings Machine".)  I see a LOT of shows, and don't keep many souvenirs, but I kept the wristband from the first time I saw them. Just magical.  Glad you enjoyed them too!

I completely agree. I'd seen Gillian Welch once several years back opening for Bright Eyes, but just saw Dave Rawlings Machine in Richmond in November. It was an AMAZING show, marred only by the biggest jackass I have ever had to endure standing just to my right who decided that it was a good idea to be on the rail, directly in front of the artist (and right next to me) and call his friend and loudly talk through the first two songs. Those of you who've seen them can only begin to imagine how cringe-inducing this was--directly in front of Dave Rawlings. Fortunately the drunk douchebag left after a couple more songs, but not before calling me an uptight old bitch for asking him politely to shut the fuck up. 

I completely agree. I'd seen Gillian Welch once several years back opening for Bright Eyes, but just saw Dave Rawlings Machine in Richmond in November. It was an AMAZING show, marred only by the biggest jackass I have ever had to endure standing just to my right who decided that it was a good idea to be on the rail, directly in front of the artist (and right next to me) and call his friend and loudly talk through the first two songs. Those of you who've seen them can only begin to imagine how cringe-inducing this was--directly in front of Dave Rawlings. Fortunately the drunk douchebag left after a couple more songs, but not before calling me an uptight old bitch for asking him politely to shut the fuck up. 

That is terrible but glad he got out of your face.

The crowds in Sydney for each show were so respectful. Lots of cheering and whooping it up during Dave's solos, pindrop silence between songs but it was very expectant silence, 'cause when the banter started up there was a lot of good-natured exchanges between them and the audience. There was a whole lot of love in the room. Eleven years between shows is a long time.