• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just got back from a very last minute decision to see the Red Hot Chili Peppers. The ticket drop gods shone down on me and I got 2nd row Flea side 30 minutes before doors:

how was the show?

This was last night, but I saw Beach House at The Orange Peel. Excellent show. I was pretty amazed at how good they sound live.

The only bummer though; my wife really wanted to meet the band after the show. So we stood around with a small group of people by the bus for about 30-45 minutes. Eventually their manager came out and said "if you guys are waiting to meet the band, please leave"... I was like really? I mean, I didn't necessarily care about meeting them, but my wife did and that was a pretty dickhead thing to do.... I guess not every band is as nice as Wilco..

Afghan Whigs first show in 13 years tonight! :guitar

Edit...awesome show last night! Doesn't seem like they took the last 13 years off. Band was tight! Setlist

Crime Scene

I'm Here Slave

Uptown Again

What Jail is Like

Going to Town

We Two Parted/Dead Body

Gentleman

Conjure Me

Crazy

My Enemy

Debonair

Bulletproof

Summer's Kiss

Faded

----------

See and Don't See

Love Crimes

Fountain and Fairfax

Somethin' Hot

--------------

Milez is Dead

Edit...awesome show last night! Doesn't seem like they took the last 13 years off. Band was tight! Setlist

Crime Scene

I'm Here Slave

Uptown Again

What Jail is Like

Going to Town

We Two Parted/Dead Body

Gentleman

Conjure Me

Crazy

My Enemy

Debonair

Bulletproof

Summer's Kiss

Faded

----------

See and Don't See

Love Crimes

Fountain and Fairfax

Somethin' Hot

--------------

Milez is Dead

I was there too, and it was a great show. Reading some reviews in the media and they are all praising it as a sort of legendary show, so I am glad I had the chance to see them. Makes you kind of sad that they can't continue as a proper band and record some new stuff. All I kept thinking was this is a real, take no prisoners rock n' roll band...

Crime Scene

I'm Here Slave

Uptown Again

What Jail is Like

Going to Town

We Two Parted/Dead Body

Gentleman

Conjure Me

Crazy

My Enemy

Debonair

Bulletproof

Summer's Kiss

Faded

----------

See and Don't See

Love Crimes

Fountain and Fairfax

Somethin' Hot

--------------

Milez is Dead

jealous, jealous, jealous... a dream setlist from them.

oh man, what i would give to see bulletproof->summer's kiss->faded

that whole setlist is great, but those three songs may be the best last three tracks on any album ever

I was there too, and it was a great show. Reading some reviews in the media and they are all praising it as a sort of legendary show, so I am glad I had the chance to see them. Makes you kind of sad that they can't continue as a proper band and record some new stuff. All I kept thinking was this is a real, take no prisoners rock n' roll band...

hasn't been ruled out yet. if anything, dulli has seemed optimistic about maybe recording new tunes