• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Spectacular!!!!

Bloom 15 Step Airbag Staircase The Daily Mail Myxomatosis The Gloaming Separator Pyramid Song Weird Fishes/Arpeggi Morning Mr. Magpie Identikit Lotus Flower There There Feral Idioteque Encore: Supercollider The National Anthem Lucky Everything In Its Right Place (With "After The Gold Rush" intro) Encore 2: Give Up the Ghost Bodysnatchers Reckoner Note: The National Anthem, Bodysnatchers, These Are My Twisted Words, Everything In It’s Right Place, Meeting In The Aisle, Go To Sleep, and Supercollider were soundchecked before show

^ It was pretty good. I'm not the biggest Peppers fan, but I had fun. Being so close to Flea and Chad Smith was awesome although I wasn't really impressed by the new guitar player

I went to the show in Chicago two nights ago. Same deal, landed 5th row tickets three hours before the show. Flea side. The new guitar player is not good and he was really low in the mix. It was a fun show, but not the best show ever.

Spectacular!!!!

Bloom 15 Step Airbag Staircase The Daily Mail Myxomatosis The Gloaming Separator Pyramid Song Weird Fishes/Arpeggi Morning Mr. Magpie Identikit Lotus Flower There There Feral Idioteque Encore: Supercollider The National Anthem Lucky Everything In Its Right Place (With "After The Gold Rush" intro) Encore 2: Give Up the Ghost Bodysnatchers Reckoner Note: The National Anthem, Bodysnatchers, These Are My Twisted Words, Everything In It’s Right Place, Meeting In The Aisle, Go To Sleep, and Supercollider were soundchecked before show

Wow, nice setlist, especially the encores! Of the new(ish) stuff I'm really digging "The Daily Mail" and "Identikit". Glad you had a good time.

pretty damned good. those guys are true pros. the sound was amazing, easily the best sounding outdoor show i've been to. it probably helped that i had pit tickets. not the biggest KoL fan but overall a great performance.

Since you brought up outdoor sound, I am so pissed at the sound the Shins had at Red Rocks last night. I can't believe I'm not hearing other complaints. I never leave a concert early but we packed up and left. Granted I was up near the top of the venue but the openers sounded just fine from up there. Then Shins came out and I thought it was a joke or something. It was so soft I could swear the drums were not even mic'd. I could actually have a normal conversation with people next to me during the show. All you could hear was vocals, everything else was barely perceptible. I can't belive they don't have people walking around making sure the sound is good everywhere. I want my money back although I have no idea how to make that happen. :realmad :realmad I have been going to Red Rocks for 25 years and have never had sound that bad.

Dawes, Infinity Hall in Norfolk, Ct. Show was filmed live for a CPTV concert series called Live At Infinity Hall. Great show. Great venue. Venue holds about 300 people. Highlight for me was When My Time Comes, Peace In The Valley and a great cover of Jealous Guy. They played for 1 1/2 hours with two encores.

Dawes, Infinity Hall in Norfolk, Ct. Show was filmed live for a CPTV concert series called Live At Infinity Hall. Great show. Great venue. Venue holds about 300 people. Highlight for me was When My Time Comes, Peace In The Valley and a great cover of Jealous Guy. They played for 1 1/2 hours with two encores.

I was there as well. Wish I knew there was another VC'r there! Absolutely stellar show! We saw Radiohead the night before outside of Boston and Dawes blew them out of the water, I think anyway. The husband disagrees with me.

That venue is fantastic. It sounded like they are trying to get it going along the line of Austin City Limits as far as the series going national.

After seeing him live, I think Dave Rawlings is the best living guitar player. Phenomenal. I love their show: no gimmicks, no pickups, no amplifiers, no new guitar every song, ... just great music from a duo that is so in sync and (seemingly) having a great time doing it.

Gillian Welch setlist from 5/30/12 - San Diego, CA - Humphrey's Concerts by the Bay

I was there as well. Wish I knew there was another VC'r there! Absolutely stellar show! We saw Radiohead the night before outside of Boston and Dawes blew them out of the water, I think anyway. The husband disagrees with me.

That venue is fantastic. It sounded like they are trying to get it going along the line of Austin City Limits as far as the series going national.