• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm a little late with these, but I was a BBQ team member on this year's Hogs for the Cause in New Orleans. I managed to catch the Seratones on Friday night and Fruit Bats, the Marcus King Band and Shovels & Rope yesterday. A great weekend of music, food and sunshine. 

By the way, I searched the forum and only found one six-year-old thread about Fruit Bats. They're very good. I'm going back through their catalog now, as I was only familiar with their newest release. Check them out!

A friend texted me with an offer for a free Green Day ticket tonight. So that's happening.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A friend of mine was trying to ditch 2 for Wed (his son's tix??). I considered, but students again tomorrow...

A friend of mine was trying to ditch 2 for Wed (his son's tix??). I considered, but students again tomorrow...

I think you'd appreciate the show more than me. You kick my ass with Green Day on Song Pop pretty regularly. I've got students tomorrow. Sleep's overrated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agreed, he's also got a solid band behind him, same one for years.

Tonight was Brit Floyd it was as good as a Pink Floyd Cover Band could be. They are better than the Aussie version imho.

Tonight was Brit Floyd it was as good as a Pink Floyd Cover Band could be. They are better than the Aussie version imho.

out of curiosity, i looked at the set list... who in their right mind would want to hear several songs off Momentary Lapse/Division Bell/Final Cut and nothing from Saucerfull, Meddle, or Obscured By Clouds?