• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A special southern addition of live tonight for me The Decemberist

This got me to thinking: a guy I used to know from a duo hippie band is married to the chick in that band. He's the drummer for Jerry Joseph & The Jackmormons now.

How was the show? I'm seeing night one in Chicago this week...

If you like the new album, the show is great.  As you may know, for this tour they are playing songs 1-25 of the 50 Song Memoir on the fist night and songs 26-50 on the second night.  It feels a little more like a Stephin Merritt solo show than past Magnetic Fields tours in that he has a bigger new band (with only Sam Davol and Shirley Simms as holdovers) and Merritt is more at the center of the stage.  

If you like the new album, the show is great.  As you may know, for this tour they are playing songs 1-25 of the 50 Song Memoir on the fist night and songs 26-50 on the second night.  It feels a little more like a Stephin Merritt solo show than past Magnetic Fields tours in that he has a bigger new band (with only Sam Davol and Shirley Simms as holdovers) and Merritt is more at the center of the stage.  

Cool. I was wondering about that solo dynamic.

Sorry I keep violating the "tonight" rule, but I just saw Birds of Chicago at an outdoor-under-the-tent house concert. Anyone here know of them? They were wonderful and perfect for a warm early spring night.