• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if i die tmrw, i can rest easy knowing that Nick Cave is probably the best performer ever.

I was very disappointed when I found out he was skipping Seattle this tour. Nick (& the Bad Seeds!) always put on a phenomenal show.

if i die tmrw, i can rest easy knowing that Nick Cave is probably the best performer ever.

It was a great great show.  Unfortunately (for me) I was in the balcony.  It was pretty intense up there but must have been nuts right up front.

yeah i think it's always worth it to suck up the (quite substantial) cost and get as close as possible at a Nick Cave show.

i was two rows from behind the orchestra pit, and paid $250 face value. and that was the farthest away i've been to the three shows i've seen.

back when they played lollapalooza (year had smashing pumpkins, beastie boys) they were middle of the bill on the mainstage. they blew everybody off the stage (beasties were good but...). was while the band was having various party favour problems. i've seen him a lot. I miss blixa bargeld some but warren ellis is special. did you see grinderman when he toured that? the show i saw people in the front were yelling for bad seed song & managed to piss nick off. the intensity level at that show was unbelievable.

George Clinton & Punk did a surprisingly strong show last night in Beverly at The Cabot. I had low expectations having seen a mailed in performance the House of Blues earlier in the year.

George was in decent voice and the band was full of energy with the usual circus like fun atmosphere he had the audience dancing all night.

That sucks for me 'cause I totally missed him in my life. Never listened, never saw him. Wouldn't even know where to begin.

get the 3 cd/1 dvd anthology that came out a few months ago. there's a nice booklet with it too. not talking the mega version although that looks cool too.

I haven't seen him since he was about 20! Have fun!

Thanks! My first time; he's always been a favorite of mine but never had a chance to see him. So a bit of a bucket list guy for me. Highly underrated imo.

And btw he's 63 now. Just sayin' :)

He cannot be 63 because that would mean that I......oh never mind.  :uhoh

I got to see Joe at an L.A. meet-and-greet when he and "Look Sharp!" were fresh and new. It was cool. We all got a necktie like the polka-dotted one he wears on that album's back cover...I still have it!
I just pulled out that album to refresh my memory...I had forgotten he autographed it! ("Love and kisses, Joe Jackson, OK!")

Good show (Joe Jackson).  His pipes are still in great shape, band was good (Grahan Maby on bass!).

The crowd was MUCH OLDER than I was expecting... not sure why that shocked me, but a really old crowd.

Highlight was a slowed down version of Steppin' Out (like the Live 1980-86 album).  New stuff was good too.

Nothing on the schedule now till that festival thing next weekend.  Can't wait to see everyone!

Now back to your regularly scheduled programming.... sorry for the thread diversion. :thumbup