• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Afghan Whigs in a few hours. Come home for a few hours, then fly out to Vegas. NIN Friday night, Pixies Saturday night. A fine music run!

That's one heck of a run!

I haven't seen them in too long, need to remedy that. Sounds like you had a perfect concert evening!

It was a fun night. I'm not usually one to hang out after a show, but I was talking to a friend I'd run into at the show when we noticed Britt. If you have a chance to see them again, definitely go.

Old 97's last night. Their best days in terms of new output seem to be behind them, but they still put on a fun live show. Lily Hiatt opened up. I listened to some of her stuff beforehand. She's good. And, as I realized during the show, John's daughter.

Afghan Whigs in a few hours. Come home for a few hours, then fly out to Vegas. NIN Friday night, Pixies Saturday night. A fine music run!

I'm not sure if you're a fan, but Arcade Fire is playing Vegas on Sunday night. I had no idea that NIN was on tour.

It was a fun night. I'm not usually one to hang out after a show, but I was talking to a friend I'd run into at the show when we noticed Britt. If you have a chance to see them again, definitely go.

for me, their records have gotten less and less interesting, but their live shows have become increasingly good.

War on Drugs - Grade A show, despite the venue (Aragon, Chicago).

The Aragon, wow. Didn't know that place still existed. I went to college in St. Louis all the way back in the '70's. Made several trips to Chicago for shows, mostly for the Dead at the Uptown. One trip had us at the Aragon Ballroom for Hot Tuna and Santana. It was pretty much a pit then. I assumed it had met rhe wrecking ball by now.

Yep Roc Records 20th anniversary weekend was completely awesome. Dave and Phil Alvin, Nick Lowe, Chuck Prophet, Tony Joe White, Alejandro Escovedo, so many more—even Jimmie Dale Gilmore sitting in for a song with the Alvins. At the Cat’s Cradle in Carrboro NC. Fantastic time!

Courtney Barnett and Kurt Vile once more in Seattle!!!

Nice please give a follow up later! Seeing them in 2 weeks

They were really great! I was thoroughly impressed. I have a friend who saw them in LA a week ago and said Kurt was so-so, but he was on last night. The new songs sounded great, Over Everything was a little more rocking, I think thanks to Janet Weiss on drums. The coolest part was seeing them do Courtney's older songs with Kurt doing lead on them, Depreston especially had some cool guitar work. They only played 15 songs, none of them were that short though so it probably ended up being about 80 minutes.
It's too bad they can't be a full time band, their songs really compliment each other... playing Pretty Pimpin and Avant Gardener next to each other sounds pretty natural. 

Courtney Barnett and Kurt Vile once more in Seattle!!!

They were really great! I was thoroughly impressed. I have a friend who saw them in LA a week ago and said Kurt was so-so, but he was on last night. The new songs sounded great, Over Everything was a little more rocking, I think thanks to Janet Weiss on drums. The coolest part was seeing them do Courtney's older songs with Kurt doing lead on them, Depreston especially had some cool guitar work. They only played 15 songs, none of them were that short though so it probably ended up being about 80 minutes.

It's too bad they can't be a full time band, their songs really compliment each other... playing Pretty Pimpin and Avant Gardener next to each other sounds pretty natural.

Nice can’t wait! Thanks for the follow up!

i saw Slash and Duff at the Queens of the Stone Age show last night.

bA65SDO.jpg

Neat shot. Get to speak to them?

lol, no. as i was holding the camera in one hand and walking away from them, some security guy of theirs flashed a light at me a couple of times. essentially saying, stop it.

Even more impressive you got that shot then!

Our Lady Peace tonight haven’t seen them in ages

Even more impressive you got that shot then!

Our Lady Peace tonight haven’t seen them in ages

my settings were way off as i was just leaving the photo pit so i had to really boost exposure in Lightroom, hence the noise. 

OLP played The Paradise the other night. were they some sort of alt.grunge band? I honestly can't think of a single thing about them.

KING CRIMSON!

I can't remember the last time I was this psyched for a show.  I saw them on their Construction of Light tour and I thought they phoned it in.  Prior to that, I saw two nights of the Thrak tour, which was phenomenal.  Both of those lineups mostly played '80s and newer material.  This version of the band plays a lot of '70s stuff, which is what I'm most into. 

my settings were way off as i was just leaving the photo pit so i had to really boost exposure in Lightroom, hence the noise.

OLP played The Paradise the other night. were they some sort of alt.grunge band? I honestly can't think of a single thing about them.

They had some minor radio hits in the 90’s. Alt grunge maybe a good description for them.. Superman’s Dead was the biggest one. Somewhere out there got a little traction too. They’re not groundbreaking by any stretch but I enjoyed their spiritual machines album and a few others

I've seen hundreds of shows over the last 40 years so this is high praise. Nine Inch Nails in Vegas on Friday night was 1 of the best ever for me. They were absolutely stunning. I go back a long way with them & always have enjoyed them live but this was on a higher plane. The current line up for the band may be the best ever for them. The old material was stellar & the new stuff amazing. They played 90 minutes which normally I would think too short but they gave it everything. The Hesitation Marks tour was more electronic & funky. This show was more rock oriented. Some very emotional moments also. The cover of Bowie's I Can't Give Everything Away was very moving, as was Hurt. Everyone of the 4000 there was singing along with that. Still an incredibly powerful song after all these years. Other highlights were the only performance of Terrible Lies this year & The Frail/The Wretched. The Day the World Went Away was best I've seen. My favorite recent song, The Background World, works real well live even without the long outro. Let's hope they tour more extensively next year. It was totally worth flying to Vegas (with pneumonia). Paying the piper now after getting home at midnight. Also saw the Pixies the next night. They were pretty good & I enjoyed the show. NIN was magic though. Setlist below:

Play Video
    Play Video
  3. (Tour debut)
    Play Video
    Play Video
    Play Video
    Play Video
    Play Video
  8. (with "The Only Time" interpolation)
    Play Video
    Play Video
    Play Video
    Play Video
  12. (David Bowie cover)
    Play Video
  13. (without outro)
    Play Video
    Play Video
    Play Video
    Play Video
    Play Video
  18. Encore:
    Play Video
    Play Video

Yeah nine inch nails is a funny band for me I had a few albums liked some songs but then saw them live and like you said they deliver in the live form! I’d say in reality I’m a lukewarm fan at best! Still even though I haven’t bought a nin album in 10 plus years I’ll always catch them live if I can!