• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice give me your thoughts after

Howe was AWESOME!! Absolutely loved him.

There were only 20 people there! (And chairs!). I seriously hope those Monty Hall shows are simulcast on WFMU or it was really not worth his time to play there.

Howe was AWESOME!! Absolutely loved him.

There were only 20 people there! (And chairs!). I seriously hope those Monty Hall shows are simulcast on WFMU or it was really not worth his time to play there.

It seems like many shows their are sparsely attended. I think it’s a combo of people don’t know the venue exist and or the artist are usually lesser known. Glad you had a great time!

Tonight I’m seeing Michael Stipe, Patti Smith, Flea and a bunch more at Carnegie Hall

It seems like many shows their are sparsely attended. I think it’s a combo of people don’t know the venue exist and or the artist are usually lesser known. Glad you had a great time!

Tonight I’m seeing Michael Stipe, Patti Smith, Flea and a bunch more at Carnegie Hall

Sparsely attended was nice for a change, although I felt bad for Howe that there were so few people there. And at least one of those attending was a Giant Sand member, so someone he knows well. I liked the venue a lot and it was pretty painfree to get there. I will definitely return there.

Enjoy the Paris concert tonight. :)

i love that guy. he's made so many great records but no one knows of him. or barely.

Many, many years ago, a friend of mine would talk about Giant Sand all the time, but he never played any of the music for me. I hate to admit that I discovered Howe by accident after getting into Calexico years ago and then working backwards. I used to like both equally, but Calexico has evolved into something much more commercial and mainstream and not nearly as interesting as they used to be, while Howe has remained the real deal. Sadly, I either never found out about his local shows till afterwards, or when I did know in advance it was never on a day I could make it there. Until now!

I have missed a lof of great live music! And I was surprised at how absolutely hilarious he is! I have an old Giant Sand film called Drunken Bees that I have to go watch again and remind myself if he was this funny 20-odd years ago,

i interviewed Howe a few years back before a show... that was a great conversation. 

caught up w/ him for a quick photo last year before the show w/ Mark Eitzel.

p2290497572-4.jpg

btw, i totally agree w/ you about Calexico... i lost interest right around Carried To Dust. they used to be a huge favorite of mine.