• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

St. Vincent

My wife saw this show when she was visiting Indianapolis last week and said it was really good.  So we're going to see her in Atlanta in February.  I can't remember the last time my wife wanted to go back for a second show of a tour, so I'd say that speaks pretty highly.   

My wife saw this show when she was visiting Indianapolis last week and said it was really good.  So we're going to see her in Atlanta in February.  I can't remember the last time my wife wanted to go back for a second show of a tour, so I'd say that speaks pretty highly.   

Esp.,- since it more than likely be the same exact show, since she is using backing tracks, etc. --- I would see her any chance I would get, too. My wife and I will be at the Chicago show in Jan. I have a show from this tour (a live webcast that she did) on my hard drive - but we opted not to watch it, yet. 

My friend saw her last night in St. Louis - haven't heard how it went, though.

St. Vincent

Esp.,- since it more than likely be the same exact show, since she is using backing tracks, etc. --- I would see her any chance I would get, too. My wife and I will be at the Chicago show in Jan. I have a show from this tour (a live webcast that she did) on my hard drive - but we opted not to watch it, yet. 

My friend saw her last night in St. Louis - haven't heard how it went, though.

SPOILER -

The new material was quite good - the second half of the show was the entire new album front to back.  That really "fit" the whole spectacle she had going with the outfits and the video's and all that. 

I was less thrilled with the first half of the show which was 40 minutes of her previous and more well-known songs which felt kind of rushed.  And the arrangements of the older songs were redone in the vein of the new material (quite thumpy) and didn't do them justice imo.  No backing band at all - just her and her guitar(s) and backing tracks.  I'd rather have musicians. 

New stuff was really good tho.  Very much what you'd expect given the vibe of the new record and her reinvented persona lately.