• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^^^

i think Mitch Easter is in the band too.

Yep.. Mitch was excellent.  Eleven piece band -- strings, horns, pedal steel from Eric Heywood (Son Volt)-- it was incredible.  He closed with Bowie's/Mott's "All the Young Dudes" and the Velvets' "Rock and Roll."  A great night.

Saw Hiatt open up for the Old 97's last fall. She put on a great show. I hope you make it!

high fever, not going. flu epidemic around here. found someone to use tickets who will appreciate. i've been having some issues & the smart move is to not go. they'll be back. bummed about it though. bundled up with some soup & college hoops.

Robert Plant tonight .. I read the letter, hope it keeps me from swinging on the gallows pole!

Dec 17'

[url=https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=v5ul9xQpG30]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=v5ul9xQpG30[/url

Here is Please Reed the letter from last night

Understood our Boston Photographer made it in.

https://www.pscp.tv/w/bVdi7jgzMzU1MzR8MXZPeHdBTHllekxHQmeBY-cT3HVecdFu8JIDEMOWgBx3OFTd1WwlYLRYSWJV

I'll be seeing Cracker at a private event in Atlanta tonight.  I don't think I've seen them since the '90s,  Not sure why I neglected this band, but glad to get to see them again.

I'll be seeing Cracker at a private event in Atlanta tonight.  I don't think I've seen them since the '90s,  Not sure why I neglected this band, but glad to get to see them again.

Cracker is always good live. they have a great song catalog too.

I'm at Robert Plant tonight.

I'll be seeing Cracker at a private event in Atlanta tonight. I don't think I've seen them since the '90s, Not sure why I neglected this band, but glad to get to see them again.

Please review afterword! Johnny Hickman is fun to watch I see them every time they swung through nyc

Please review afterword! Johnny Hickman is fun to watch I see them every time they swung through nyc

I thought they were really good.  My friend who got us into the show is a devoted fan/friend of the band and said they went pretty heavy on the oldies, which makes sense since I recognized many of the songs despite not paying attention to their career since the early '90s.  This show was sort of an invite-only open bar/free food tax write off type of event celebrating the reopening of a local theater in the wealthy area of Atlanta, so I guess they wrote their setlist with an older, richer audience in mind (it was a very old crowd, but they were enthusiastic).  They seem to have a new Athens, GA based lineup, which was very good.  They only used the female backup singer on two or three songs.  I would have liked to have heard more from her.  I though she added nicely to their sound.  Johnny was definitely the visual highlight of the show, and his playing was great, as I remembered from back in the day.

I thought they were really good. My friend who got us into the show is a devoted fan/friend of the band and said they went pretty heavy on the oldies, which makes sense since I recognized many of the songs despite not paying attention to their career since the early '90s. This show was sort of an invite-only open bar/free food tax write off type of event celebrating the reopening of a local theater in the wealthy area of Atlanta, so I guess they wrote their setlist with an older, richer audience in mind (it was a very old crowd, but they were enthusiastic). They seem to have a new Athens, GA based lineup, which was very good. They only used the female backup singer on two or three songs. I would have liked to have heard more from her. I though she added nicely to their sound. Johnny was definitely the visual highlight of the show, and his playing was great, as I remembered from back in the day.

Nice expierence. I like these one off type shows. Curious what theater my in laws live in Marietta and I’m down there often.