• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

last night i made a late decision to catch the closing show of Belle And Sebastian's European tour, in Dublin. they'd played on Monday night as well at Vicar Street, same venue that Jeff played a solo show earlier this year, and the set lists looked good so i figured what the hell.

fun show, though i could have used more than one song from Sinister, it was nice hearing three from Tigermilk. i've never seen a band that had four different people play bass for at least one song during the set. groovy dance party via Stuart invite on Boy w/ the Arab Strap, too. glad i went. Here is Stuart w/ a Venn Diagram that Sarah made, of set lists from these two shows as well as last year's gig at Iveagh Gardens.

29541557_371565206585140_278671755581669

They were great!  Two sets -- the first of which was pretty quiet (lots of songs from the new one).  The second set rocked.  Rick Rizzo and Mark Greenberg (both from Eleventh Dream Day) joined them onstage for three songs including  "I Heard you Looking."  Ira probably said 20 words total between songs.  Have fun tomorrow.

Superchunk!

Thought about that one, moved too late.

Brit Floyd Tonight..

After Roger Waters and David Gilmour's Bands this is my favorite Floyd Cover Band for precision.

Whereas for fun it's Aussie Floyd.

I'm a day late (and a dollar short) but have to say that the past two nights of Kevin Morby at the Troubadour in L.A. have been so good my feet don't even touch the floor today...I'm still floating! Besides his own wonderful music, which included a terrific "Dry Your Eyes" with guitarist Meg Duffy leaping on Kevin's back piggyback-style and draping herself over his shoulders to play his guitar, Dorothy....hahahahaha, that was brilliant!....besides great stuff like that, we also got a stellar version of the Dylan song "You Ain't Goin' Nowhere". That one had the entire audience singing along joyously. So fun! I found myself wondering when that stage had last hosted that song. The Byrds played the Troubadour years ago, so it might have been their version, way back then.

Best of all, I get to see Kevin again tomorrow night in San Diego, at a tiny club named the Casbah. We will rock the casbah for sure! :thumbup

Thought about that one, moved too late.

Brit Floyd Tonight..

After Roger Waters and David Gilmour's Bands this is my favorite Floyd Cover Band for precision.

Whereas for fun it's Aussie Floyd.

the problem with those pink floyd tribute bands is their totally unimaginative set list choices.

Had no idea there was a Sam Parton and Jolie Holland new disc out. 

Was also equally clueless that they are playing the Rivoli tonight until about half an hour ago.  

I finally get to see Holland (and Parton) 

81CmkQQ0fzL._SX425_.jpg