• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As the Crow Flies

Nice.  Curious how this'll be (I'm sure it'll be good). Be nice to hear him doing mostly Crowes stuff again. They're playing Denver on the 6th and contemplating going (it's a Tues. night and I really don't like weeknight/get-up-at-5:30-the-next-morning-for-work shows, but.....I guess this'll be the only tour for them, too, at least for a few years.

As the Crow Flies

A couple of my friends drove from MA to Port Chester, NY for the show last week. They said it was excellent. "As long as you have Chris Robinson singing, you can put any musicians behind him" was what they said about the show. I looked at the setlist and it was primarily all Black Crowes tunes. Relix had a webcast of that show.

RE: Ash

I didn't think that Ash was still performing. Saw them open for Coldplay in 2002 & also caught them do an in store at Newbury Comics around Boston. A few years after I caught a Boston club show & they were awesome. After that they seemed to fade away from the States.

RE: Ash

I didn't think that Ash was still performing. Saw them open for Coldplay in 2002 & also caught them do an in store at Newbury Comics around Boston. A few years after I caught a Boston club show & they were awesome. After that they seemed to fade away from the States.

Ash are still plugging away.  I also saw them first open for Coldplay. I have seen them pretty much every year or other year since then. Their new stuff sounds great and they are coming to Boston in September! Catch that show you wont be disappointed!

Ash are still plugging away. I also saw them first open for Coldplay. I have seen them pretty much every year or other year since then. Their new stuff sounds great and they are coming to Boston in September! Catch that show you wont be disappointed!

Thanks for the heads up! I'll have to look and see how many records I missed. I think the last thing that I remember them putting out was Stormtrooper (?) or Clones.

As the Crow Flies last night in Chicago: It was a really fun experience. I saw the Crowes over 20 times and have seen NEM, CRB, & Magpie - I've never seen Chris 'bring it' like he did last night. The first 4-5 songs were just on and had so much energy. Chris' vocals were on. It was a fun setlist with few surprises with the exception of the choice covers. I'm really glad I went.

Marcus King was a real treat on guitar. Audley and Andy did a nice job individually. The CRB holdovers I could do without. The band is clearly thrown together and has 0 Chemistry on a 0 - 100 scale. That was a bummer. You could tell that with a lot more time this could be so much better. 

As the Crow Flies last night in Chicago: It was a really fun experience. I saw the Crowes over 20 times and have seen NEM, CRB, & Magpie - I've never seen Chris 'bring it' like he did last night. The first 4-5 songs were just on and had so much energy. Chris' vocals were on. It was a fun setlist with few surprises with the exception of the choice covers. I'm really glad I went.

Marcus King was a real treat on guitar. Audley and Andy did a nice job individually. The CRB holdovers I could do without. The band is clearly thrown together and has 0 Chemistry on a 0 - 100 scale. That was a bummer. You could tell that with a lot more time this could be so much better.

Ahh thanks glad you had fun

tomorrow...Lord Huron, the Breeders,  Father John Misty, Feist and the National. Big weekend for the National playing two night in their hometown on the river front. Playing Boxer straight through Sunday evening. Big night for Cincy music as well. Our outdoor venues of any substantial size are not great. This is the first show at the newly revitalized riverfront park. Oh, and I'm 6 minutes by Uber so that doesn't hurt.