• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Radiators, at Tipitina's

Heading to New Orleans today for JazzFest. Other than Jason Isbell and Beck on Friday, don't know who I'll be seeing at the Fairgrounds during the day. But the nights are set:

Radiators tonight

Daze Between Band (Eric Krasno, Dave Schools, Duane Trucks, Marcus King) at the Howlin Wolf on Thursday

Gov't Mule at the Saenger on Friday

JRAD on Saturday

and hopefully Sonny Landreth and Tab Benoit at the Rock n Bowl on Sunday (if I'm still standing) 

Caught Phil Lesh and the Terrapin Family Band (w/ Leftover Salmon opening) Saturday at Red Rocks. Very solid stuff. Yeah, these guys are a "bar band" but they sure fiilled Red Rocks with some strong playing. 

Phil popped into a local club last night to sit-in on a couple tunes, too. Unbroken Chain was one of them....

Walking distance from my house Chris Barron from the spin doctors used to see him solo ages ago a bunch but haven’t seen him solo in almost 20 years

Love the disclaimer.

Melvins

They have two drummers these days or just Dale?

Love the disclaimer.

Was a fun show..no regrets..his lyrics on his new solo album are interesting and his playing wasn't half bad considering he doesn't play guitar for the Spin Doctors. Hung out with him after the show nice guy. Best part was it was an easy show, laid back I like these one off's in strange venues.

Was a fun show..no regrets..his lyrics on his new solo album are interesting and his playing wasn't half bad considering he doesn't play guitar for the Spin Doctors. Hung out with him after the show nice guy. Best part was it was an easy show, laid back I like these one off's in strange venues.

Hanging out after the show like two princes....

They have two drummers these days or just Dale?

they went the other way... two bass players this tour. 

Steve McDonald (Redd Kross, OFF!) and Jeff Pinkus (Butthole Surfers).

sounded fucking awesome. great cover of "Sway" that i wasn't expecting. i also got the band to autograph a tour-only LP since i knew a guy in the opening band, and Pinkus couldn't have been nicer. hell, they all were, though Buzz was preoccupied w/ his phone. 

they went the other way... two bass players this tour. 

Steve McDonald (Redd Kross, OFF!) and Jeff Pinkus (Butthole Surfers).

sounded fucking awesome. great cover of "Sway" that i wasn't expecting. i also got the band to autograph a tour-only LP since i knew a guy in the opening band, and Pinkus couldn't have been nicer. hell, they all were, though Buzz was preoccupied w/ his phone. 

Cool. Did Pinkus play any banjo?