• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The LSD tour: Lucinda Williams, Steve Earle and Dwight Yoakum

Wished Earle was in middle slot and Lucinda opened..

Yokum was worth waiting for, talented group.

Did you see those fireworks during the show ?

Wished Earle was in middle slot and Lucinda opened..

Yokum was worth waiting for, talented group.

Did you see those fireworks during the show ?

I have an opposite take. Just speaking from personal preference, and knowing little to nothing about Dwight Yoakum,  I wanted to see (and assumed based on the billing) Lucinda close. She was my headliner. And the headliner for many others, as there were many previously filled empty seats by the time Yoakum came on. I'd never seen him before and wasn't familiar with his music, but they are a good group and I loved the outfits! The sound mix was horrible for that set (see review below). I love Lucinda and love this current band, which has now been together for a good amount of time. She was the star of the night for me. The fireworks were a great added touch. 

http://middleborough.wickedlocal.com/entertainmentlife/20180613/triple-play-earle-yoakam-and-williams-kick-off-summer-tour-in-boston

I have an opposite take. Just speaking from personal preference, and knowing little to nothing about Dwight Yoakum,  I wanted to see (and assumed based on the billing) Lucinda close. She was my headliner. And the headliner for many others, as there were many previously filled empty seats by the time Yoakum came on. I'd never seen him before and wasn't familiar with his music, but they are a good group and I loved the outfits! The sound mix was horrible for that set (see review below). I love Lucinda and love this current band, which has now been together for a good amount of time. She was the star of the night for me. The fireworks were a great added touch. 

http://middleborough.wickedlocal.com/entertainmentlife/20180613/triple-play-earle-yoakam-and-williams-kick-off-summer-tour-in-boston

How was Earle -- I seen him around 6 or so times -- sometimes it's real great, sometimes not....

Live this past Sunday night: M. Ward.

Was originally disappointed that he was opening for The Decembrists. Did not pull the trigger on a ticket because I did not want to spend $ on 45 minutes of M. Ward (not a big Decembrists fan). Sunday morning, an announcement from the venue says that The Decembrists show has been cancelled due to a case of laryngitis. An hour later, an announcement that M. Ward wants to still play, so they announce a $15 show at a smaller nearby venue. A great spur-of-the-moment show!

Live this past Sunday night: M. Ward.

Was originally disappointed that he was opening for The Decembrists. Did not pull the trigger on a ticket because I did not want to spend $ on 45 minutes of M. Ward (not a big Decembrists fan). Sunday morning, an announcement from the venue says that The Decembrists show has been cancelled due to a case of laryngitis. An hour later, an announcement that M. Ward wants to still play, so they announce a $15 show at a smaller nearby venue. A great spur-of-the-moment show!

Nice I was supposed to see decemberists yesterday in nj with m ward opening they cancelled the show then m ward announced a Brooklyn show instead of nj. Would have seen him if he did one in nj oh well

Aimee Mann

Great Singer seen her locally when she first appeared, (and when there was a vibrant) on our Boston music scene.

Enjoyed seeing her many times since.

For me it's U2 tonight. Going with same college buddy that I attended the original Joshua Tree tour with.

Great Singer seen her locally when she first appeared, (and when there was a vibrant) on our Boston music scene.

Enjoyed seeing her many times since.

For me it's U2 tonight. Going with same college buddy that I attended the original Joshua Tree tour with.

Nice I’m seeing U2 next week! Enjoy

U2 the past 2 nights in Boston. Tonight I'm going to a screening of High Fidelity followed by a Q & A with John Cusack at Wang Theater in Boston where I've seen Wilco. Plus, I have a photo op ticket, so I can meet him for 2 seconds and have a pic to show friends where they can ask me what I said to him. "I didn't 'say anything' to him. He told me to stand on the red tape." Pretty sure that's how these things work. Lol

Edit: During the Q & A I'll try to ask him why they didn't use Box Full Of Letters in High Fidelity with it being set in Chicago etc.

I also saw Depeche Mode in Boston 2 weeks ago to the day. I'm at my halfway point for arena shows. 3 more in July.