• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dave is a nice guy & good front man though I think Kurt is spinning in his grave about the cliche rock star antics. During a jam during the 2nd or 3rd song they went into a Santana "Soul Sacrifice" jam. Knew I was in trouble then. 

i made the exact same point in my review:

https://digboston.com/fotobom-foo-fighters-dinosaur-jr-speedy-ortiz-fenway-park-night-two/

He's so damn elusive in the states. Doesn't help that I live in Nashville, ha!

Yeah I mean they have played less then 5 shows in America in the last 13 years! They’re so popular in Europe but nothing in America. Glad the turnout in nyc was good.. venue held 14 thousand and was 95 percent sold out so maybe that’ll convince them to come back!

Lucky you! Tell us details.

Great, rocking show at SPACE - a small ( approx. 200 seats) venue with great sound in Evanston, IL. .  Alejandro mixed in about five tracks off the new album, "The Crossing" -- all of which sounded great live.  He played with Don Antonio, the band that supported him on The Crossing (and also served as the opener).  The band is comprised of five Italian musicians all of whom were excellent -- especially the sax player and guitarist (Don Antonio).  Alejandro closed with a blistering version of the Velvet Undreground's "Rock & Roll."  I've never seen my wife dance so hard!  Great night -- as it always is with Alejandro.

Great, rocking show at SPACE - a small ( approx. 200 seats) venue with great sound in Evanston, IL. .  Alejandro mixed in about five tracks off the new album, "The Crossing" -- all of which sounded great live.  He played with Don Antonio, the band that supported him on The Crossing (and also served as the opener).  The band is comprised of five Italian musicians all of whom were excellent -- especially the sax player and guitarist (Don Antonio).  Alejandro closed with a blistering version of the Velvet Undreground's "Rock & Roll."  I've never seen my wife dance so hard!  Great night -- as it always is with Alejandro.

Sounds amazing!

Arthur Buck

Holy cow, I did not know this collaboration existed until just this minute when I had to answer my question “Who the heck is Arthur Buck?”

Two of my favorite artists and I did not know! I obviously live in a cave!

One of my FB friends & an old poster on here said that Peter Buck hung around the march table after the show last night for pics & autographs. Cool beans!!!

Yep every time I have seen buck play these type of shows ( minus 5, baseball project,Alejandro, tuatara) he hangs after same with Mills. As much as I am sad REM are no more both buck and mills became very accessible since the breakup. I met buck prob 6 or 7 times by now! He’s friendly and good to talk with! Def try and catch him if you can

Yep every time I have seen buck play these type of shows ( minus 5, baseball project,Alejandro, tuatara) he hangs after same with Mills. As much as I am sad REM are no more both buck and mills became very accessible since the breakup. I met buck prob 6 or 7 times by now! He’s friendly and good to talk with! Def try and catch him if you can

Well, it's too bad that my FB friend saw them on the only show in my area, so that ship has sailed. Lol I never read or heard about him coming around.

I've met Steve Wynn (The Dream Syndicate/The Baseball Project) and he was super cool. Have you met him?